Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are recruiting a Pharmaceutical Technician to join our site in Manorhamilton Road, Sligo. The Pharmaceutical Technician is responsible for producing drug product materials as per organizational needs in line with all relevant compliance requirements. This person will operate as a team member in a pharmaceutical processing facility in line with all regulatory and organisational requirements.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as a Pharmaceutical Technician would be:
- Pharmaceutical processing activities in the DP building and support locations.
- Team co-ordination to maximise the effectiveness of the team members.
- Documentation of all activities in line with cGMP requirements.
- Cross training within the team and training of new team members.
- Participation in continuous improvement programs to implement improvements in the quality, safety, environmental and production systems.
- Execution of commissioning and validation protocols on an ongoing basis.
- Maintaining the overall cGMP of the pharmaceutical processing areas.
- Adheres to and supports all EHS & E standards, procedures, and policies.
Education and Experience:
- Irish Leaving Certificate or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1 years experience in Batch processing operations in an FDA/HPRA regulated industry. A good knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Experience of operating in a highly automated environment and safe handling of dangerous chemicals is required.
- Good I.T. skills are required.
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Experienced