AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
HR Business Partner
At AbbVie, we stand for people, passion and possibilities. It's our belief in these three essential components that allows us to create medicines and solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are currently recruiting an experienced HR Business Partner on a 12 month fixed-term contract, to be part of our HR team in our Ballytivnan site in Sligo. Reporting directly to the HR Manager, you will support the HR and site departments to ensure that effective systems & processes are in place to drive the business and help to deliver people management strategies which support the overall strategic aims and objectives of the business.
Does this role entice you? Then read on.... in this role, your key responsibilities will involve;
- Partnering with various stakeholders in the business to make staffing decisions by assessing needs and objectives, helping managers identify appropriate knowledge/skills/abilities and involvement in the recruitment & selection process.
- Design, develop and implement employee engagement programs and HR Initiatives relating to site HR strategy.
- Provide guidance and counseling to managers and employees on employee relations, employee discipline, and performance.
- Work with respective department managers to ensure Local/National, European and Corporate HR policies, procedures and laws are being adhered to.
- Employee relations
- Develop and co-ordinate communications program which ensure harmonious employee relations.
- Lead the Performance management process for respective site and ensure all Divisional due dates are compiled to.
- Ensure all applicable legal requirements are met and works closely with Legal counsel on all situations which pose a litigation risk or other liability.
- Proactively identifies potential employee initiatives by participating in functional management and employee meetings on a regular basis.
- Participate in maintaining an accurate job documentation system by conducting job analyses for jobs as needed, determining status and appropriate grade and auditing the system on a regular basis to ensure that job descriptions exist for all active jobs.
- Work closely with HR Central team and site leaders to ensure appropriate employee documentation, changes to employees' status, pay and benefits, annual performance appraisal process, employee relations investigations, employee discipline, and employee terminations to maintain compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.
- Prepare monthly HR metrics relating to areas of responsibility to management and division as required.
- Conduct all aspects of the job with appropriate level of confidentiality and sensitivity to employee and organizational data and not disclosing confidential information.
So, what education & experience do you need for this role?
- A relevant degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant area.
- Ideally you will have 4-6 years Business HR experience and experience of one other HR specialization.
- You will combine a passion for people with a strong business acumen and enjoy working in a fast paced and often demanding organization which rewards strong performance.
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then come join AbbVie!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.