Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are recruiting a Financial Analyst to join our site in Manorhamilton Road, Sligo. The financial Analyst is responsible for all the financial affairs of the plant. Their primary objective is to plan, control, administer, interpret, and report on the financial performance both to management at plant level, AFS, BPO and Division Finance. This person will support the finance function through data processing, accounts preparation and analysis. They will ensure that financial procedures are adhered to.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as a Financial Analyst would be:
- Prepare monthly journal entries and Balance Sheet reconciliations as requested.
- Work on preparation of annual Plan, Update, LBEs and LRP.
- Capital and project expense - preparation and submission of RCEs and related documentation, completion of monthly LBEs and reporting, tracking of all site projects, correct allocation of costs, financial approver of related shopping carts, track financial capital cost improvements.
- Spare parts management – conduct regular check of cycle counts; assist in annual physical inventory of the Engineering Stores; prepare monthly calculations of spare parts movements and reserves.
- Fixed Assets (FA) – set up and tagging of FA, maintenance of FA register, assisting in annual FA count and FA reconciliations.
- Manage Contractors Insurance.
- Presentation of financial and non-financial training within initial induction process.
- Process invoices, create and track internal orders, reconcile accounts, understand contractors insurance, analyse variances and other information.
- All items processed will be reconciled to general ledger reports which are reviewed by the Plant Controller.
- Liaise with AFs and BPO as required.
- Carry out any other analysis or ad hoc duties as requested by the Plant Controller.
- Adheres to and supports all Finance, HR and EHS & E standards, procedures and policies.
Education and Experience:
- Third-level business degree or professional accountancy qualification required.
- 2 years plus experience in a Financial/Accounts role or similar role.
- Strong payroll and headcount management preferred.
- Excellent IT Skills and Systems knowledge required.
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced