Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are recruiting an Automation & Control Systems Engineer to join our join our team in Ballytivnan, Sligo.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as an Automation & Control Systems Engineer would be:
- To provide technical support and program management to all manufacturing operations and NPI’s throughout the site.
- To provide technical leadership of all control system activities in the pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- Ability to take active lead on control system validation activities during project start-up.
- Project management of control system elements of continuous improvement projects. Work closely with process engineers and other departments to deliver these continuous improvement projects.
- Project management and technical development of future integrations of the control systems, with planned MES/ERP/Data Historian (OSI PI) systems.
- Life cycle management of the on-site control systems to Abbvie SLC & applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical support to all control system related issues. Tasks include, daily trouble shooting, optimization, and documentation control.
- Adheres to and supports all EHS & E standards, procedures and policies.
- Identify opportunities and assist in leveraging of vendor qualification efforts, developing relationships with vendors, and act as Engineering representative for pre-approval of vendor documentation.
Education and Experience:
- NFQ Level 8 Honors Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Diploma in a relevant technical discipline preferred.
- 3 years+ experience in an automation engineering role, with software development of PLC / DCS platforms for batch processing in a GMP pharmaceutical industry environment.
- 3 years+ experience of the 21 CFR Part 11 requirements for automated systems in the pharmaceutical industry.
- 3 years+ experience of plant start-ups and/or new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities. Must be able to lead these activities in a start-up environment.
- Experience in validation of control systems would be advantageous.
- Experience in auditing and internal inspection would be advantageous
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced