Want to be part of a high performing team? We offer that
Ready to invest in your career? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We now require an ambitious and experienced Senior Control Systems Engineer who is keen to develop their career with us in our Manorhamilton Road site in Sligo. As a site, we have embarked on a strategic journey which is underpinned by Operational Excellence and Digital solutions. We see this role as instrumental in supporting our strategic intent and will provide the opportunity for you to work with leading edge technology on exciting strategic projects.
In your new role, you will:
- Provide technical support and program management to all manufacturing operations and NPI’s throughout the site.
- Provide technical leadership and ownership of all control system activities in the pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities
- Liaise and work with cybersecurity and operational personnel to develop and/or deploy mitigation techniques to effectively defend against cyber threats and vulnerabilities in the OT environment.
- Front audits by HPRA/FDA or Customers on Control Systems.
- Define proposals for long term plans for control system maintenance and improvements for management.
- Supervise/Mentor the team members on ongoing basis with focus on overall team’s performance.
- Lead the control system validation activities during project start-up.
- Project manage the control system elements of continuous improvement projects and work closely with process engineers/ technical support chemists and other departments to deliver these continuous improvement projects.
- Project manage and technical development of future integrations of the control systems, with planned MIS and ERP systems.
- Life cycle management of the on-site control systems, to GAMP-5 requirements.
- Work with cybersecurity personnel to identify appropriate asset management solutions for deployment and implement security control to mitigate associated risk.
- Work with global resources implementing security validation processes and execute assessment on OT assets for compliance against baselines.
- Work with the continuous objective to review and update configuration baselines for inventoried assets to deliver cybersecurity objectives.
- Promote and knowledge share cross functionally with peers in both IT and OT cybersecurity teams.
- Identify and articulate potential pain points and solutions aligning IT and OT technology.
So, what education & experience do you need?
- Master’s Degree Preferred or Post Graduate Diploma in a relevant technical discipline is preferred, you will have a Bsc at a minimum with 6 years + experience in an automation engineering role, leading software development projects for PLC / DCS platforms for batch processing in a GMP pharmaceutical industry environment.
- 6 years plus experience of the 21 CFR Part 11 requirements for automated systems in the pharmaceutical industry.
- 6 years plus of experience of plant start-ups and/or new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities. Must be able to lead these activities in a start-up environment.
- 4 years plus of experience with security technologies such as firewall logs, IDS, endpoint security solutions, access control systems, and other related security technologies within the OT environment.
So, are you ready now to be part of this team? Join AbbVie!
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced