Summary of Job Description (NEW role):
A senior scientist position is available in Process Development (PD) Group within the Global Technical Operations (GTO) group in AbbVie Operations Singapore (ABS). The Global Technical Operations team has primarily focused on the commercial and CMC support of biologics drug substance processes for AbbVie plants in Singapore. As part of a global biologics network expansion initiative, the ABS GTO is building a NEW group to advance AbbVie’s biotherapeutic early and late phase programs and expand its scope to PD activities such as process optimization and process characterization.
The candidate will develop and implement process development projects in the laboratory. We are seeking an experienced technical leader that is capable of advancing projects both independently and as a member of collaborative, inter-disciplinary teams. The candidate must be a goal-oriented team player with excellent communication, presentation and organization skills and be able to adapt to a timeline work environment. Candidates with expertise in either cell culture or downstream purification are welcome to apply.
The key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute innovative process development/characterization
- Hands-on laboratory execution of cell culture or purification PD and process characterization projects
- Serve as a technical resource and leader for the project team through having in-depth knowledge and experience in cell culture or purification process development
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles independently by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise. Resolve to meet project timelines despite challenges.
- Enable the smooth and effective operation of the process development lab
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally on with colleagues in other functional areas (network PD groups, manufacturing, quality, CMC/regulatory affairs, discovery and others) to meet team and company goals.
- Proactively seek out new information and opportunities to advance our technologies and pipeline. Critically evaluate relevant scientific, regulatory, and business advances and integrate this knowledge.
- Effectively present scientific data and concepts to internal and external audiences. Author and review regulatory submissions, technical reports, protocols and other key documents.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, documentation, safety, appropriate handling of materials, and GxP compliance.
- Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering or related fields.
- Ph.D. with 1-3 years of relevant experience, M. Sc/Eng. with 3-5 years, B. Sc/Eng. 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with cell culture or downstream purification laboratory activities, ability to manage complex data analysis using statistical and modelling techniques for applications such as process comparability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong scientific curiosity with a passion for problem solving and optimization. Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Strong organizational, planning and trouble-shooting skills
- Proven track record in laboratory start-up activities
- Experience with CMC program development
- Demonstrable leadership in independent thought, creativity and scientific accomplishment
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced