A Cell Culture Scientist position is available in the Global Technical Operations group at AbbVie Operations Singapore. The candidate will work in a diverse team to support and troubleshoot commercial biologics cell culture manufacturing processes. The successful candidate will have experience in cell culture, excellent communication skills, and a collaborative mindset to effectively work with cross-functional groups.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manufacturing process trending, participating in process validation activities, providing technical support, drafting technical justifications and process understanding by process mapping
- Additional activities include the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments to perform process characterization, evaluate novel technologies, identify process improvements, drafting risk assessments and providing technical expertise to support regulatory submissions
- A basic understanding of cell culture or fermentation biology, process scale-up and statistical methods is essential.
- Hands-on experience working in the lab, aseptic technique, cell culture and bioreactor operations, to support the routine responsibilities with solid scientific data is also desirable.
- The position necessitates extensive interaction with manufacturing, quality, purification process development as well as CMC/Regulatory Affairs groups
- Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering or related fields, B.Sc. with 2-4 years of relevant experience, M. Sc. with 0-2 years with relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will preferably have industrial experience in cell culture and sound chemical, mathematical and biological training
- Must have the ability to work in teams, communicate technical concepts clearly and be independently motivated. Additionally, scientific independent thinking and the ability to design/interpret experiments are critical
- The candidate should be capable both in the lab and in a GMP biologics manufacturing environment
Job Type: Experienced