Primary goals, objectives / functions or outputs of this position.
The Program Manager (PM) is part of the Global Distribution and Logistics (GDL) organization within AbbVie’s supply chain. The PM leads and participate in projects supporting high impact/ or long-range strategic projects and initaitvies execution. Initiatives include strategic transformation and process optimization in addition to delivering solution for significant cost savings for the region. The PM will manage and implement specific Network Optimzation programs and projects, to ensure they are completed on time, within budget and to the agreed specification resulting in a positive impact on operations performance.
The role is to ensure customer and stakeholder requirements are consistently satisfied while complying with AbbVie policies and achieving performance targets related to logistics, inventory efficiency, distribution optimization and quality compliance. The PM is responsible to identify, champion, develop and coordinate initiatives and contribute contribute to the region strategic roadmap by sharing best practices and highlighting opportunities for improvement.
The PM will also provide support and leadership to the affiliates to drive best practice distribution and logistics, and the integrated optimization of logistics within the region. The PM will also support the JAPAC Distribution Associate Director in delivering continuous improvement opportunities and supporting the introduction of new products throughout the region.
Main responsibilities for the job, including accountability and scope.
- Lead and execute strategic projects including digital initiatives for the region, working with Business Solution Analyst team to ensure solutions meet the business requirements.
- Identify gaps, provide analysis to measure benefits and risks associated with implementation of the iniatives.
- Support designing solutions to complex business problems and gather requirements from relevant partners (direct and indirect stakeholders)
- Manage and collaborate through effective communication within a strongly cross-functional & international project context
- Recommend solutions, change management, and adopting data anyaltics tools to support business growth and requirements.
- Be comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading.
- Promote, coordinate and lead gross margin improvement and saving projects that allow Abbvie to reduce overall logistics expense.
- Champion implementation of standard processes/policies developed by AbbVie’s GDL Organisation and drive other activities necessary to achieve operational excellence in distribution and customer service while promoting the role of the GDL with Affiliate leadership.
- Review upcoming volumes, product launches and future capacity needs, lead in developing region playbook by coordinating activities and communication among the 3PL, Supply Planning and Customer Service teams. Undertake analysis for new product to avoid any delay in the distribution flow and where possible expedite the access to market e.g. warehouse preparation, special distribution requirement
- Work with Global and/or Regional GDL staff to drive process changes and projects affecting AbbVie in the countries under his/her responsibility and/or its 3PL partner(s).
- Identify distribution-related risks and escalate to the appropriate GDL staff as needed. Execute projects affecting SAP, the interface in place with the 3PL and all the reporting tools.
List required and preferred qualifications, Including education, years of experience, skills, financial responsibility.
- University degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain or related field
- Min 5 years of work experience with Regional Project Management in Logistics/Warehousing, preferably in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare supply chain industry.
- Well-developed project/ process management, prioritising and analytical skills with strong business acumen
- Strong in drawing meaningful insights from data and solving problems
- Ability to analyze problems, define new process improvement opportunities, interpret operational and financial needs, and develop creative and out-of-box solutions.
- Excellent communication skills In English and Chinese is strongly beneficial in the areas of presentation, negotiating and influencing skills
- Highly motivated, initiating, good team member with flexibility in operating style and attitude
- Diplomatic, tactful, patient and sensitive to cultural differences
- Positive and contributory attitude, total dedication to all customers
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimum supervision on multiple projects within geographically distributed, cross-functional teams in different time zones.
- Knowledge of distribution channels and requirements is preferred
- Some experience with training delivery preferred
Key internal and external personal engaged through course of performing this role.
- JAPAC leadership teams for Pharma and AA Commercial, Affiliate General Managers, Finance Directors, Supply Chain Managers; Regional Distribution Managers, Regional Transportation Managers, Regional SC BTS Manager, RDC and Singapore QA Manager, Supply Chain Planners, Customer Service and QA teams at AbbVie logistics and AbbVie’s Logistics Service Providers.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced