Summary of Job Description (New role):
An associate scientist position is available in Process Development (PD) Group within the Global Technical Operations (GTO) group in AbbVie Operations Singapore (ABS). The Global Technical Operations team has primarily focused on the commercial and CMC support of biologics drug substance processes for AbbVie plants in Singapore. As part of a global biologics network expansion initiative, the ABS GTO is building a NEW group to advance AbbVie’s biotherapeutic early and late phase programs and expand its scope to PD activities such as process optimization and process characterization.
The candidate will support the PD group in downstream process development activities by executing experiments and analyzing data in the laboratory. We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative scientist that collaborates actively within a dynamic team environment. The candidate must be a goal-oriented team player with excellent communication, presentation and organization skills and be able to adapt to a timeline work environment.
The key responsibilities include:
- Executes experiments in process development, protein characterization, and manufacturing support with supervision.
- Performs basic data acquisition and analysis in a timely manner. Assists in experimental designs and data interpretation.
- Documents work appropriately and accurately in lab notebooks and technical memos
- Maintains lab equipment and optimizes lab operations for efficient use of time and resources.
- Troubleshoots equipment and experimental problems.
- Assists in continuous improvement activities and/or manufacturing support
- Communicates experimental procedures and results in written and oral reports. May write technical reports with supervision
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally in team meetings with colleagues in other functional areas (network PD groups, manufacturing, and quality)
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, documentation and GMP compliance.
- Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering or related fields.
- B. Sc with 2-4 years of relevant experience, M. Sc. with 0-2 years with relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Strong organizational, planning and trouble-shooting skills
- Strong and proven skills in laboratory work, statistical data analysis and/or exposure to cross-functional projects are desirable.
Job Type: Recent Graduate