- To build strategic relationships with patient related associations / foundations and other influencing stakeholders and manage cross-functional needs to shape external issues and improve the environment in positive way to deliver on brand objectives and to enhance corporate reputation
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Build strategic relationships with patient related associations / foundations to understand patients’ needs, identify stakeholders and influencers, align mutual priorities and plan activities to support business objectives.
- Play an active part within brand teams and identify opportunities to work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues to deliver on brand objectives.
- Propose pro-active patient strategies which synergize with cross-functional brand objectives, global reputation efforts and in-country objectives and aim to shape external issues and improve the environment in positive way
- Empower/support associations in providing patient caring and education; utilize cross-functional expertise where possible.
- Implement AbbVie patient strategies and manage projects (incl. plans and budgets) to ensure objectives are met, engaging various stakeholders (incl. patients, HCPs, medical society, public, media, government, NGOs, etc) and leveraging various communications channels including media.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in Communications, Public health, Public Affairs, Medical / Pharmacy/ Nursing or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years’ experience:
- in PR or marketing or external affairs (pref. In healthcare) or disease education
- working with patient associations or NGOs and/or managing programs in complex legislative environments and with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to successfully manage projects (including plans and budgets) to ensure objectives are met
- Ability to balance priorities to ensure effective time management
- Ability to multi-task to work concurrently with numerous stakeholders/projects
- Ability to lead internal and external teams to ensure collective ownership and belief in project objectives
Analyse and interpret
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and trends to translate these into opportunities for AbbVie
- Ability to actively listen to all internal/external stakeholders to understand their needs/issues/opinions
- Ability to see the global picture to focus on priorities and align key message
Build internal and external relationships
- Ability to build trust with stakeholders to ensure long-term relationships
- Ability to work across functions to allow cross-functional collaboration/effective brand team working
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to build relationships with patients and public organizations
Adapt to stakeholder
- Ability to tailor communications to meet the requirements of different stakeholder groups
- Ability to develop convincing messages to successfully engage stakeholders and encourage change
- Ability to adapt to audience to create links with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to be patient and flexible to successfully work with public organisations
- Ability to empathise with patients to build insight into their needs/issues and strengthen communication channels
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Knowledge of the political environment/organisations
- Knowledge of the local and international patient environment
- Knowledge of the legislation and ethics for working with patients and associations
- Knowledge of local healthcare and pharmacy system
- Knowledge of the language and behaviour expected by patient related associations / foundations
- Knowledge of issues and current topics related to government affairs
- Knowledge of the media and trends in communications
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced