AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to ensure professional and credible relationships with thought leaders and external experts of strategic importance to AbbVie. Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence for AbbVie in key academic centers by facilitation of research and educational initiatives, while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on products or areas of therapeutic interest to AbbVie.
- Support internal teams such as sales and marketing and members of the Affiliate Brand Team to develop their scientific and technical expertise through the delivery of scientific update presentations. Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other in-field members while retaining functional independence.
- Assist in the initiation, oversight and follow up of assigned clinical studies and medical projects initiated within the therapeutic area for which the MSL carries responsibility (e.g. pre and post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, post-authorization studies (phase IV) and Phase II-III trials. All such activities must comply with applicable local laws, guidelines, codes of practice, SOPs, and AbbVie R&D (GPRD) SOPs.
- Act as the point of contact with thought leaders to facilitate investigator initiated study (IIS) ideas and requests for support to the local and global medical teams as appropriate
- Serve as a point of contact within the Medical Affairs team for thought leaders and external experts within an assigned geographic area in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in a therapeutic area and, when requested, relevant AbbVie medicines, to support their safe, effective and appropriate use.
- Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where requested, but with the focus on Tier 1, 2 and 3 thought leaders.
- Participate in the selection process to identify appropriately qualified thought leaders the Company would wish to engage in collaborative efforts – such as potential research collaborations, or educational and advisory roles (Advisory Boards, Congresses, Symposia, etc.); while ensuring a high level of scientific or educational integrity in these collaborative efforts.
- Identify, collect and internally provide insights into medical and scientific field intelligence – for example, competitor research and medical strategies, educational activities. Attend relevant scientific meetings and Conferences. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform AbbVie strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Upon request, assist physicians with requests for access to AbbVie medicines on a named patient or compassionate use basis, subject to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Provide key thought leaders / external experts and internal medical and clinical teams with scientific and technical support for publications of scientific or medical interest.
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted with due regard to all applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Company policies and accepted standards of best practice.
- Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD., MD, PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline is preferred but candidates with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Experience in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for the assigned therapeutic area, and in medical research in general.
- Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs to advance the medical and scientific objectives of a pharmaceutical company.
- Demonstrated expertise in the scientific methods applied to clinical research and current legislative/regulatory controls applicable to this research
- Ability to comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with thought leaders, physicians and other healthcare decision makers.
- A good understanding of written and oral English is desirable.
- High customer orientation.
- Strong commitment to compliance with the relevant rules and procedures, and to scientific quality and integrity.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation