Join our team of tenacious explorers, problem solvers, and optimists. Together, we will innovate for tomorrow, while making a remarkable impact for millions today.
We are looking for candidates who wish to develop a career in the biopharmaceutical industry. If you have a master's degree, want to be part of an accelerated development team, and would like to have a job opportunity with great benefits, AbbVie may have an opportunity for you. No experience is required.
People. Passion. Possibilities.
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives, etc. to meet or exceed those objectives.
- Create a pre-call plan using SMART objectives and execute a post-call evaluation to continuously improve sales performance. Effectively handle objections, misunderstandings, concerns and consistently gain logical and reasonable calls to action to close on every sales call.
- Proactively and continuously aspire to serve customer needs, customer expectations, and challenges to build trusted customer relationships and to achieve win-win agreements between AbbVie and customers.
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set call metrics and optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers to maximize access and sales opportunities.
- Continuously build understanding on customer needs and expectations, territory market landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, disease, product, clinical, and sales expertise and share this market intelligence information with in-field team, brand team, and sales manager to achieve alignment, to anticipate environmental changes and challenges and to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Differentiate AbbVie’s value proposition with health providers assigned and identify, develop, and maintain disease state experts and speakers/advocates to maximize brand performance.
- Bachelor's degree, biological sciences, pharmacy, business related field, or equivalent.
- Job-related experience required: 0 to 2 years of fieldwork required.
- English language proficiency verbally and in writing preferred (for all non-English speaking countries
- Proactively identifies customer style/behavior and quickly adapt all aspects of the selling approach.
- Operates effectively in a matrix environment, building collaborative partnerships across the in-field team.
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to anticipate and respond to challenges.
- Proven track record of success in selling and strong presentation skills
- Demonstrates in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product, and competitive knowledge and is recognized as an expert resource by all relevant stakeholders
- Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Proactively identifies customer style / behavior and adapts quickly all aspects of selling approach
- Operates effectively in a matrix environment
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges. Provides impact with ideas for the larger organization and anticipates and responds to changes. Influences others & is viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers. Builds collaborative partnership with district colleagues and matrix team, etc.
- Preferred: Proven track record of success in sales performance within respective therapeutic areas. Commercial pharmaceutical industry experiences such as physician/account based selling, training, managed health care or marketing preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced