AbbVie is committed to a Patient Centric culture. This role leads Patient focused strategy by aligning the Patient Journey outcomes to an AbbVie Care Model that supports our customer’s needs. Ensures alignment with Corporate/AREA/Affiliate Strategy and Compliance requirements. Contributes to the Brand Teams representing the patient’s voice. Leads a team focused on building and implementing Care model solutions. Craft disease awareness initiatives supporting different therapeutic area needs. Works in a cross functional environment and supports internal and external customers. Builds Patient Advocacy Groups relationships and represent their voice within the affiliate.
- List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
- Provide input on trends and opportunities during preparation of Affiliate patient strategy and Brand plans.
- Play an active role within Brand teams by representing the patient’s voice and identifying insights to collaborate with cross-functional colleagues and deliver on Brand Plan objectives.
- Lead a team that delivers Best in Class Care Model solutions aligned with the Patient Journey within a high compliance standard (Ex. Financial resources, patient treatment plan related resources, etc.).
- Provide leadership and management oversight of Patient engagement programs (Ex. Ambassador Program, Patient Advocate Program).
- Ensures that the organization’s interactions with Patient Associations are focused on building relationships based on collaboration, trust and common purpose following compliance guidelines.
- Collaborates on Specialty Pharmacies administered programs that include patient’s related Fee-forService elements.
- Ensure Compliance and monitoring of Patient Support Programs and contracted services.
- B.A/B.S/ Business, Communications, Health, Marketing, Science or related field, MBA or Graduate school desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of successful experience in direct patient program development or related patient program administration.
- An equivalency to the five (5) years of successful experience in direct patient program development can be three (3) or more years of such experience combined with proven experience managing customer experience programs.
- Strong knowledge on pharmaceutical products reimbursement and Managed Care environment is a must.
- Superior strategic thinking, analytical skills and creative mind.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate empathy, care and support to patient's/caregivers needs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, be influential, inspire others, persuasive and to present itself appropriately through interpersonal relations/communications, even under considerable pressure to deliver results.
- Must set ever-increasing goals and standards of performance, be a self-starter, be able to work independently, as well as have the intellectual curiosity to excel at the job.
- Ability to establish methods for monitoring progress toward goals, compliance and patient/customer satisfaction.
- Superior project management skills and the ability to be multi-tasking while prioritizing effectively taking into consideration the organization's needs.
- Good communication and active listening skills while interacting within the matrix organization and providing coaching to direct reports.
- Must be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations adjusting to the characteristics or need of the target audience.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced