The Commercial Finance Manager (CFM) is the main driver of the Demand Planning Management and Financial Reconciliation business processes, and the key facilitator of the S&OP (Sales and Operations) process. This position is critical in the forecast elaboration, identifying and providing strategic guidance to the commercial teams in the preparation of the annual business plans and corresponding revisions. This position will consolidate the Approved Demand Statement (ADS) and Plan packages ensuring that these are reflective of the market necessities and are aligned with the Financial Objectives of the Company while following parameters and policies, and meeting the required Key Performance Indicators. By working with the Commercial team (Marketing, C&P, Market Research, Key Account), the CFM has to recognize and manage all Affiliate product demands and will be the link within the activities of forecasting, order entry, order promising, and planning. The CFM will support the commercial team in the development of long-term approaches that redefine problems/market opportunities in anticipation of changing business conditions or trends. Responsible for the supervision, preparation, and analysis of the ADS, Plan, Update, LRP (Long Range Plan), LBE (Last Best Estimate), and Entity forecast. Responsible for the supervision, preparation, analysis, and/or comments on monthly reports. Responsible for the supervision, preparation analysis, and comments of LBE’s (Last Best Estimates) and for supporting the ADS/Demand process, as needed. Ensure that monitoring and evaluation of the actual performance of each P&L line on a monthly basis is completed and that corresponding reports to present during Strategic Governance Meetings are prepared, as applicable. Ensure proper support to Commercial Divisions on product profitability analysis (current and new products), budget preparation, Product P&L’s generation, budget monitoring, among others. Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate updating of data and any other support required for the planning applications on a monthly basis or as required by users/internal customers. Support management in strategic projects including but not limited to Brand Teams, Innovation, and Patient Journey, among any others initiated by Area or Affiliate Upper management. Lead and coordinate S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) and BEC (Business Executive Committee Meetings). Maintain accurate financial information and related financial planning systems and provide the affiliate with the analytical support and financial information needed to ensure compliance with corporate policies and government regulations. Support the Finance Director on any other finance-related or strategic projects, as required.
- Supervision, review, preparation and submission of the ADS, Plan, Update, LBE, Entity and Long-Range Plan (LRP) packages and their related supporting documentation. Ensure timely, accurate and complete preparation of all requested documents and backups for corresponding meeting reviews.
- Coordinate along with Finance Director, Demand/Financial Planning (ADS), Update and LRP timetables and established requirements and communicate to commercial and support areas, as needed. Prepare and communicate the various planning cycles calendars (ADS, Plan, Update, LRP, as applicable)
- Coordination and preparation of local sales and expenses meetings for Plan, Update and LRP cycles. Ensure proper support is provided to budget owners in their preparation of presentations, provide data and prepare analysis, as needed.
- Administer, integrate, and consolidate sales projections to be presented to the AMT and elaborate reports requested by Headquarters. Reconcile supply, demand and new product plans at both detail and aggregate level and tied to the business plan to be reviewed during the S&OP process.
- Manage sales performance information from the company to support the S&OP. Set and coordinate reconciliation meetings with the commercial team to review current forecast, in-market sales, market intelligence to challenge and ensure the most accurate forecast based on available information and assumptions. Document assumptions and market trends discussed in the Demand Review meetings and consolidate the information that is going to be used in the Standard and Operating Planning (S&OP) meeting.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance and uploading of sales, expenses, and other financial related data into the planning and related systems.
- Supervision, review of the monitoring, validation, and analysis of variances of monthly sales and expenses. Process will include, but will not be limited to, validation between the existing ERP System (i.e., SAP, ABPM, JDA, VGSAM, Commercial Models etc., among any other systems implemented by the Corporation to support the Accounting and Financial Planning functions. The names of these systems and uses may change as the corporation adapts to business needs.
- Support Finance Manager in the financial close process to properly support the preparation and/or review of monthly and quarterly financial reporting to headquarters.
- Provide financial support to Business Unit Managers, Product Managers, Directors, General Manager, and other support areas. Support will include, but will not be limited to, preparation of financial analysis, P&Ls (total affiliate and by product, as needed)
- Support Finance Director in other matters concerning departmental responsibilities and issues, as well as support the affiliate upper management in strategic initiatives, as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CMA, and or MBA preferred
- Capable of handling multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills and independent judgment
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficient PC skills (Excel, Power Point, Word); Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in both English and Spanish
- Ability to understand accounting cycle and perform various and complex financial analyses
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Leadership, motivation, adaptability, and initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analyze complex accounting and budget situations
- Solve a variety of issues, such as budget variances, processes improvement, as well as problem solving related with programs and systems used in Planning area.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in accounting/finance-related supervisory/managerial positions.
- Five years including general accounting, financial analysis, and audit field.
- Budgeting, forecasting, and reporting experience.
- Experience in SAP
Significant Work Activities: Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced