The Credit Administrator will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial information and IT systems as well as providing analytical support and financial information in compliance with corporate policies and government regulations. Responsible of maintaining sound Accounts Receivable balances and aging while fostering good customer relationships, and working together with the rest of the organization and Area Financial Services (AFS). Analyze credit orders in accordance with established credit and collection policies, practices and procedures to assure maximum sales, sound receivables, and prompt conversion of receivables into cash with minimum of past due accounts.
- Support Finance Manager and AFS in performing analysis of customer credit accounts for the affiliate, including but not limited to, analysis of debit and credit notes, charge-backs application, unapplied deposits, among others.
- Responsible for maintaining customer accounts reconciled on a monthly basis (skipped invoices, differences, claim letter and others).
- Responsible of presenting department reports completed, corrected and on time. Prepare and refer customer adjustments for Abbvie’s evaluation and processing. Seek assistance from all possible sources (sales, marketing, customer service, others) to handle delinquent accounts.
- Apply the company’s credit and collection policies, practices and procedures to maintain assigned portfolio within specified credit lines and dollar limits. Document and claim all unjustified customer deductions.
- Contact all internal and external personnel related to assigned portfolio of customers to coordinate service strategies during critical situations and assure the best financial services.
- Execute the established program for collections and follow-up of accounts receivable. Refer all trouble accounts to finance manager fully documented and with evidence of collection efforts. Discusses with manager, when necessary, questionable or special requests for credit. Execute the established program for collections and follow-up of accounts receivable.
- Supports AFS in resolving invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures. Support Finance Department in reviewing any price discrepancies identified by BPO and properly evaluating and obtaining necessary approvals for any potential Price Change in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Collect and analyze rebate data on a monthly basis so as to provide information to BPO/AFS, as needed for adjusting accruals, as needed.
- Reconcile any discrepancies in chargebacks with support of AFS to reconcile customer accounts on a regular basis. Maintain proper communication with customer on chargeback and related credit status or discrepancies.
- Support Finance Manager in all relevant internal and external audits. Also supports AFS in the financial close or related processes, as directed by Finance Manager. Supports management in strategic initiatives and teams, as directed.
- BA Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years of experience in accounting/finance and in credit and collections.Knowledge of general accounting cycle,business and financial principles. Prior SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient PC software (Microsoft) and various database applications. Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Individual must be self-motivated with great follow-up skills and be able to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills. Capable of handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance or supervision in a time critical environment.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Ability to proactively and creatively solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle various tasks; attention to detail.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced