Joining AbbVie means, you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients' lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 98% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie and 96% are proud of how we contribute to the community.
AbbVie is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
We have an opportunity for a Rheumatology Learning Partner to join our Learning & Development team. In this role, you will provide a strategic oversight for all learning within the therapeutic area: to lead on the design and delivery of agile and innovative learning solutions across the organization (brand teams, in-field teams, other key functions). Always ensuring excellence in execution and that organizational and learning goals are supported. Apply a performance consulting approach through the effective application of performance management. Ensure resources are used optimally, measuring outcomes and analyzing available data sources.
The Learning Partner is a trusted strategic and value-adding partner to brand teams and other key functions. Experts in performance optimization, capability building and change management. Providing high impact, best practice, integrated learning interventions which enable AbbVie to be always ahead of the curve.
The Learning Partner will thrive in an environment that is changing and evolving with the constant new multi-channel approaches and technology advancements and changes.
- Drive business and organizational success
- Understand the business and ensure alignment to company and business unit goals, performance targets, and key results.
- Determine the “why”: Identifying, prioritizing, and communicating the gaps.
- Drive performance outcomes.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of market landscape, therapeutic area and brand strategies
- Drive needs assessment
- Partner with stakeholders to identify the cause of the performance gap, determine whether a performance solution is appropriate, decide on the critical job tasks and behaviours that require a performance solution, and identify the capabilities that need to be addressed in the design of the learner journey.
- Partner with leadership to set expectations
- Align on the business outcome with the leader.
- Consult the leader to diagnose the root cause of the problem.
- Set measurement for success with the leader; align on what success looks like to maximize the return on investment.
- Partner with stakeholders to design the learner journey.
- Identify how leaders will be held accountable in the learner’s journey.
- Establish KPIs and measures.
- Orchestrate new hire onboarding & development.
- Measure and evaluate solutions
- Measure and adapt strategy and its components to support our business outcome efforts.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret quantitative and/or qualitative data according to the measurement and evaluation strategy established during Design of Learner Journey.
- Summarize and report data to stakeholders in order to demonstrate how the performance solution impacted business outcomes and performance needs.
- Determine and implement refinements of the performance solution based on data results.
- Coach & drive a coaching culture @ AbbVie.
- Blend experiences and formal solutions to achieve the desired outcome (Blended Learning)
- Develop and implement the best blend of solutions based on business needs, gaps, intended outcomes, and design.
- Incorporate a delivery mechanism (or mechanisms) that allows for effective knowledge acquisition and ample practice opportunities.
- Use learner-centered methods that create a meaningful, engaging, and relevant experience for learners.
- Facilitate learning initiatives and train the facilitator.
- Work cross-functionally to develop & deliver learning initiatives.
- Strategic thinking
- Drive launch learning plan of action.
- Effectively communicate how the learning strategy links with the corporate vision (MapVie).
- Maximize performance, motivation, & inspiration.
- Strategic planning mindset: Create a learning plan from brand, business initiatives.
- Pro-actively identify solutions to match business, brand and IFT needs.
- Effective vendor and budget management.
- Maintain knowledge of roles & responsibilities of different functions.
AbbVie Canada Learning Partner works with the following core Business Skills:
- Consistently demonstrate the AbbVie Ways we Work
- Biopharma/AbbVie knowledge
Possess business knowledge of the bio-pharma sector including knowledge of the external environment, relevant stakeholders and our customers
- Demonstrate advanced communication skills (verbal and written), active listening, and effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Be confident in coaching and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Science, Education, Business)
- 4 - 6 years of field training experience including prior sales experience in biotech, pharmaceuticals or healthcare preferred.
- Instruction Design Certification and/or professional applications.
- In depth therapeutic area and product knowledge: Oncology.
- Strong understanding of adult learning principles across blended learning solutions.
- Master’s the ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Strong technical and technology learning agility.
- Advance writing and verbal communication skills French and English in articulating complex ideas in an easy to understand manner to all levels of the organization through blended approaches
Must be willing and available to travel within Canada about 10% of the time and 5% of the time internationally. Valid Driver licenses and passport are required.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Covid vaccination new hires amendments:
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position, with possible accommodation for validated exemptions, within the limits of applicable legislation. AbbVie employees are also required to comply with any COVID-19 related external requirements, including any testing requirements, applicable to their work activities outside AbbVie premises (for example, travelling and visiting stakeholders and customers).
Job Type: Experienced