Joining AbbVie means, you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients' lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 92% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager, Advertising to join our Marketing Excellence. In this role, you will be responsible for the digital and print promotional initiatives (from conception to launch) including the ongoing maintenance of a given asset of defined brands. This position is based in Montreal (Saint-Laurent) and reports to the Manager, Advertising.
- Identify connections between traditional and non-traditional advertising projects and align them with other digital assets, to ensure our multi-channel marketing (MCM) strategies are best applied.
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams (marketing and IT) as well as multiple external agencies, to guarantee compliancy with branding and Health Canada policies.
- Coordinate production, updates, approvals and translation of content, with great attention to detail
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Manage quality assurance protocols (user acceptance testing, proofreading, etc.).
- Manage simultaneously, digital and traditional marketing projects applying an MCM approach.
- Develop tools, guidelines, checklists, timelines and best practice documentation, to provide alignment and synergy within teams.
- Assess main objectives, budget and timelines.
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders for smooth internal and external briefing, and execution of projects.
- Certify that all documents / applications / digital assets are approved as per AbbVie processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with IT to develop and deploy AbbVie’s digital strategy.
- Provide guidance on supplier selection.
- Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in advertising, design or a related field.Bachelor’s degree is an asset
- Relevant experience in the advertising department of a multi-national company or an agency
- Advertising experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry (minimum of two years)
- Experience in web marketing or management, e-mail and search engine marketing (SEM) (minimum of three years)
- Experience in creating, implementing and deploying marketing campaigns, including best practices (minimum of three years)
- Ability to think and plan strategically (work plans, activities, timetables, targeting) and operating with execution excellence
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders and business partners
- Knowledge of the current pharmaceutical trends in digital/print advertising preferred
- Understanding of new advertising tools and best practices, Pharmaceutical Advertising Advisory Board (PAAB) and other governing bodies
Essential skills & abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be at ease with technology (the use of various tools/systems to perform day-to-day tasks)
- Clear understanding of web development and resource needs (images, videos, formats, technical specifications)
- Knowledge of web tools and trends across rapidly changing digital landscapes
- Excellent communications skills, with strong listening and interpersonal expertise. Advanced French and English language proficiency (oral and written).
Key Leadership competencies:
- Detail oriented with strong proofreading and testing skills
- Ability to manage several projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
- Can take on a creative idea and provide clear direction to technical teams on project requirements
- Knowledge of quality assurance protocols (user acceptance testing, proofreading, write good acceptance criteria for user stories)
- Capacity to quickly identify crisis, and take timely corrective actions
- Aptitude to carry out advertising and social media initiatives across a regulated industry
- Strong project management and budget control skills
- Build relationships with third parties using good negotiation skills
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Covid vaccination new hires amendments:
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position, with possible accommodation for validated exemptions, within the limits of applicable legislation. AbbVie employees are also required to comply with any COVID-19 related external requirements, including any testing requirements, applicable to their work activities outside AbbVie premises (for example, travelling and visiting stakeholders and customers).
Job Type: Experienced