Joining AbbVie means you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients' lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 92% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Advisor to join our Medical Affairs team. This position is National in scope and based in Montreal. This role reports to the Therapeutic Area Lead for Rheumatology.
As Medical Advisor, you will provide medical and scientific support to the clinical research department and collaborate in clinical operation activities. The Medical Advisor develops strategic plans that are aligned with the brand plan and closely collaborates and supports different groups in the organization.
- Develop a medical strategy within the brand team and execute as defined in the brand plan.
- Support clinical study feasibility, site mapping, identification and participation and provide support with resolving any pending issues with the study sites.
- Review new clinical study protocols and investigator-initiated research proposals.
- Liaise with local commercial groups, global project teams, investigators and external experts through regular review of ongoing initiatives and the tactical implementation of plans.
- Provide scientific and medical support for ongoing projects.
- Monitor and review scientific literature on AbbVie products and competition.
- Serve as a scientific affairs expert for the product.
- Serve as liaison between the Medical Division and the commercial groups on the respective therapeutic areas.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in all studies undertaken.
- Diligently manage and allocate resources by ensuring that all projects are carried out within approved budgets and that expected results are delivered.
- Support the integration of new products into AbbVie’s portfolio.
- Lead the evidence generation plan based on identified data gaps.
- Doctorate, MD or Pharm D is required.
- Relevant experience with solid knowledge of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- General knowledge on drug development and clinical research in Immunology, Rheumatology or a relevant therapeutic area (minimum of three to five years).
- Relevant therapeutic area background and experience (minimum of two to three years).
- Previous scientific experience in customer-facing role in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to prepare and deliver high quality presentations and/or interpretation of scientific or clinical research publications.
- Ability to think and plan strategically (work plans, activities, timetables, targeting) and operating with execution excellence.
- Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs to advance the medical and scientific objectives of a pharmaceutical company.
- Knowledge of all aspects of drug development and local regulations, including regulations of promotional materials.
Essential skills & abilities:
- Advanced French and English language proficiency (oral and written).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be at ease with technology (the use of various tools/systems to perform day-to-day tasks).
- Travel required at least 20-30% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- In-depth understanding and execution of meaningful strategies and data-based business decisions.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills to set priorities, monitor progress towards goals, and track data, information and activities. Effectively manage budgets to deliver on fiscal commitments.
- Display sound business judgment (having an executive leadership mindset to assess local market and set direction). Ability to predict contingent outcomes from both a customer and competitive perspective.
- Possess knowledge of AbbVie’s therapeutic areas and products to coach team members, who engage in scientific interactions with key stakeholders, external experts, and medical associations.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other team members to ensure alignment on plans.
- Demonstrate organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork by working cooperatively and effectively with others to resolve, problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to make decisions independently and with appropriate input.
- Ability to take feedback constructively and consider the viewpoints of others.
- Demonstrate leadership approach to unite and motivate others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the region and organization.
- Demonstrate ability to be versatile and optimistic in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency in a matrix environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Covid vaccination new hires amendments
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position, with possible accommodation for validated exemptions, within the limits of applicable legislation. AbbVie employees are also required to comply with any COVID-19 related external requirements, including any testing requirements, applicable to their work activities outside AbbVie premises (for example, travelling and visiting stakeholders and customers).
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced