Joining AbbVie means you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients' lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 92% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
As the Compliance manager in Canada you report through the AbbVie Office of Ethics & Compliance. Working in close collaboration with the Compliance Steering Committee and Director of Compliance, you are responsible for building and maintaining a robust Compliance program, ensuring all 7 elements of an effective compliance program are developed and implemented. You are also providing proactive strategic support and guidance on key business initiatives and be a strategic partner with the businesses.
More specifically, the compliance manager performs the following responsibilities under the supervision of Director of Ethics and Compliance:
- Create, review and maintain compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis. Working in close partnership with the businesses, provide substantial input into Affiliates’ processes & policies related to healthcare professionals, patients and government employee interactions and/or private payers.
- Provide live training sessions to businesses that focus on the elements of the Affiliate Compliance Program, Code of Business Conduct, IMC Code of Ethical Practices, policies and procedures both from systems, policies and processes. Collaborate with the Learning partner Compliance, develop and maintain e-learning training modules.
- Drive ethics and compliance awareness and at all levels within the Affiliate by developing/organizing awareness campaigns at the affiliate.
- Maintain and manage electronic platforms and systems relating to compliance-related tools and documentation (e.g. Ethics & Compliance SharePoint site, Fairpay, ACIF Connect …).
- Conducts periodic risk assessments & implement and lead transaction based monitoring (which lead to resultant business improvement and compliance enhancement activities) for the affiliate.
- Recommend and follow up on remediation actions to compliance incidents and/or monitoring.
- Active participation in connection with compliance audits, overseeing the preparation work, fulfilment of auditors’ requests, acting as a liaison between business and auditors during on site activities,
- Develops, implements, modifies and executes Affiliate local system for reporting, responding to concerns as well as corrective actions. Oversees the tracking and trending and proposes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Lead project management plans and tasks for key business projects and initiatives to support the business in achieving its objectives, while meeting applicable compliance standards (e.g. IMC Code of Ethical Practices, COBC and AbbVie Compliance Policies, Health Canada).
- Provide guidance, training and advise to AbbVie staff, AbbVie corporate and third-parties as needed regarding the engagement & contracting of Canadian Stakeholders (i.e, HCPs/Patients).
- Collaborate closely with key affiliate stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Legal, Medical, other) to support the business. Take leadership in delivering business results while weighing risk and OEC policies and procedures.
- Translates the changes in external compliance environment for Canada.
- Be a strategic partner to business partners. Provide leadership and simplified solutions.
- Participate actively in Global or WE&C global projects. May take additional or ad hoc responsibilities in WE&C or global projects.
- Bachelor Degree in ethics, law, business, finance, science or related field
- Relevant business experience with proven track record of success.
- Proven f professional experience with pharma industry, or exposure to business functions such as ethics & compliance, finance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs working in a communications department of a multi-national or public relations agency (Min. of 7 to 10 years).
- Experience in Healthcare related field in the Pharmaceutical Industry preferred (Min. of 5 years).
Essential skills & abilities:
- Advanced French and English language proficiency (oral and written).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Must be at ease with related new technologies in relationship with the role and work environment (the use of various tools/systems to perform day-to-day tasks).
Key Leadership competencies:
- Familiarity with applicable external guidelines and laws covering healthcare professional & patient interactions (ex. IMC Code of Ethical Practices);
- Demonstrates high level of ethics and integrity: leads by example;
- Strong leadership and influencing skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior affiliate management, affiliate employees and functional leadership. Good Team Player;
- Ability to communicate with tact, diplomacy & sensitivity. High degree of interpersonal savvy.
- Strong active listening skills to understand customers’ needs, issues and opinions and ability to translate these into strategic support and guidance;
- Exhibits clear, precise, conscientious working style;
- Can easily deal with complex issues and offer pragmatic solutions;
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and ability to connect unrelated concepts
- Demonstrates organization skills and flexibility and ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Has the ability to handle more than one project at a time, constantly shifting priorities.
- Project management skills.
- Persistent and resilient when confronted with obstacles.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Covid vaccination new hires amendments:
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position, with possible accommodation for validated exemptions, within the limits of applicable legislation. AbbVie employees are also required to comply with any COVID-19 related external requirements, including any testing requirements, applicable to their work activities outside AbbVie premises (for example, travelling and visiting stakeholders and customers).
Job Type: Experienced