- Responsible for planning and overseeing a portfolio of technology projects from ideation to completion; including securing cross-functional alignment on project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline. He/she is expected to work effectively across various IT shared services teams, external Marketing Agencies, and other Commercial business stakeholders. Provides management oversight, coaching, and mentoring 2 to 6 direct reports. Will report directly to the Sr. Brand Technology Lead.
- Proactively understand the business strategies and the technology needs of the assigned Brand.Identify current and emerging business needs and evaluates technology solutions to balance short term and long term objectives.Understand both data and technology capabilities already in use across AbbVie and recommend appropriate application for the assigned Brand.
- Lead the creation of Brand specific data and technology roadmaps to support the strategic needs of the Brand. Ensure alignment between evolving business needs and corporate technology strategies.Propose, initiate, and lead programs that transform a Brands processes or technology capabilities. Manage a portfolio of projects for the Brand, providing visibility to business and technology leadership on the status, benefits, costs, and risks of new requests and in-process projects.
- Develop comprehensive project estimates and timelines by soliciting input and collecting feedback from all impacted stakeholders. Work across IT and business functions to negotiate and secure the availability of resources to meet the demands of the Brand. Supervise a matrix team of Project Managers, Architects, Business Systems Analysts, and Programmers to deliver technology projects for the assigned Brand.
- Ensure that systems are architected in a way that results in technology synergies and simplified integration to help manage multi-vendor relationships and Home Office Data Integrations. Effectively work with Director and VP level business leaders across Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Managed Health Care, Medical Affairs, Finance, Marketing Analytics, and HEOR to drive for results. Act with urgency and passion. Help others be successful.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures. Provides management oversight, coaching, and mentoring for a team of 2 to 6 direct reports. Manages a department budget of up to $1.5MM and an IT investment budget of $1MM to $3MM.Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or advanced digital marketing degree or equivalent
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build trust, listen, and ask effective questions. Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to interact with business leaders in non-IT conversations.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience. Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of IT pricing and contracting practices. Negotiation with IT suppliers and Marketing Agencies. Strong analysis and analytical skills. Financial acumen.
- Understands the pharmaceutical market including role of providers, patients, payers, distributors and policy makers.
- Understanding/expertise in definition and implementation of Marketing Automation and CRM strategies for pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of work experience including business analysis, project management, portfolio management, and strategic planning.
- 2+ years of experience managing or coaching employees.
- B2B and B2C marketing experience including digital marketing and familiarity with social media.
- Experience using Customer Journey Orchestration platforms (SalesForce, Adobe, Pegasystems, Marketo …)
This role can be based in many of AbbVie's Affiliate locations throughout Europe.
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced