- Works within the WE&C Hematology Medical Team, responsible for all activities related to the MM indication; leading the execution of Venetoclax medical strategy in the specific therapeutic area and ensuring successful implementation and harmonization of activities supporting medical launch-readiness, data generation and medical education activities in all WE&C Affiliates.
- Acts as the Single Point of Contacts for WE&C medical teams for clinical data and key strategic priorities of Venetoclax and Abbvie in MM
- Responsable for ensuring consistent and updated communication and delivery of data strategy to inform clinical use and transform standard of care. Aligns – in all due context - all internal parties on Medical Benefit-Risk Evidence based positions and latest Clinical Data, Medical Strategy and relevant evolution
- Deeply understands the patient journey and applys insights into determining the medical need
- Provides strategic medical input into core brand strategies, and to support medical marketing activities and market access in strong partnership with the Heme ABT
Reports to the TA Head Oncology Western Europe & Canada for Hematology in Western Europe and Canada.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Actively participates in supporting, informing, advancing and communicating GMA medical strategy and vision, coordinates and support WE&C Aff Medical team in setting-up a medical brand strategy consistent with GMA strategy and addressing local needs;
- Facilitates communication among Affiliates and GMA;
- Identifies WE&C needs in terms of training, deliverables and activities and proactively proposes/coordinates activities to address such needs;
- Supports the WE&C affiliates in the implementation of key medical tactics ensuring consistency with WE&C and GMA Strategy;
- Acts as the SPoC for MM, medically and scientifically accountable for communicating data and analysis of the Clinical trials for Venetoclax in MM;
- Supports the WE&C Affiliates Medical Teams in ensuring Medical Launch Readiness and alignment with the priorities and the guidance of the IFT playbook for all the current and upcoming indications;
- In line with the One R&D vision, supports implementation of Enterprise Critical Programs in the TA;
- Supports the Development Teams for PI selection in close alignment with the WE&C affiliate teams.
- Supports the TA Head Oncology in ensuring consistency and strategy of evidence generation activities – thanks to a consistent alignment at WE&C level and with the Global TA Head;
- Coordinates Medical Affairs activities on dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy in a timely manner and consistently across WE&C;
- Coordinates insights collection in coincidence of critical data release;
- Interacts with Internal stakeholders (i.e. commercial, clinical operations, discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc.) to update them on the ongoing data release, medical activities and on-going Medical Affairs projects;
- May support development of scientifically accurate marketing materials, medical education programs, advisories, and symposia.
- Maintains an up-to-date analysis of competitor product information.
- Oversees scientific/medical education of investigators and external experts related to therapeutic area or disease specific information.
- Represents AbbVie at external meetings including advisory boards, scientific association meetings, etc. May act as medical/scientific leader for several programs within an area. May represent the medical function on cross-functional integrated teams for medical affairs activities.
- Ensures budgets, timelines, compliance requirements are factored into all WE&C and Affiliates scientific activities in the field of the TA.
- Supports medical affiliate teams to set up Abbvie-initiated studies, ensure high quality in objectives and study design and support these studies in the relevant SRC.
- Ensures alignment of Affiliates-proposed IIS with Medical strategy and IIS priorities and with Abbvie high-quality standards.
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD is preferred)
- Relevant therapeutic specialty experience in an academic or hospital environment highly preferred
- Relevant therapeutic area clinical experience and/or Medical Affairs in an academic, hospital or pharma environment required.
- 5 years of clinical development or medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry or academia or equivalent.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and strong goal orientation, an ability to make decisions and a history of meeting deadlines and objectives.
- Works independently and with a solution-driven attitude.
- Can address complex problems within discipline or across several projects
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various complex factors
This position may be based from any of the AbbVie Affiliates within Western Europe & Canada.
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced