Joining AbbVie means, you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients' lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada, whereby 97% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie and 96% are proud of how we contribute to the community.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience.
Are you looking for an exciting full-time career, where development and high-performance are valued? AbbVie Canada is looking to connect with a Specialty Representative to join our commercial sales team. This role will be based in Montreal and will cover Montreal West and South Shore. You will be calling mainly on Gynecologists, Obstetricians and the therapeutic areas of Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Contraception. You will also be calling on general practitioners and family practice physicians who have a special interest in Contraception
Our Specialty Representatives develop robust business plans to execute brand strategy and tactics in the field, deliver sales performance and effectively build strong customer relationships and support customer needs to maximize short- and long-term sales performance, while placing the patient at the center of any efforts and operating within AbbVie’s business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives in order to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Create pre-call plans and execute post-call evaluation in order to continuously improve sales performance. Effectively handle objections, misunderstandings and concerns, while using logical and rational in order to close on every sale call.
- Proactively and continuously support key stakeholders' needs, expectations and challenges, in order to build trusted relationships on a continual basis.
- Execute a call plan that achieves set metrics and optimizes coverage of key customers, to maximize sales opportunities.
- Continuously build understanding of customer needs and expectations, territory landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, diseases, products and clinical expertise. Share this market intelligence information with district manager and respective team members, in order to achieve alignment, to anticipate environmental change and to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Differentiate AbbVie’s value proposition with healthcare providers and identify, develop and maintain disease state experts and speakers/advocates in order to maximize brand performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years in a Specialty Sales role within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Physician/account-based selling, training, managed health care or marketing experience preferred.
- Proven track record in sales and solid presentation skills.
- Strong ability to proactively identifies customer style / behavior and to adapts quickly all aspects of selling approach.
- Recognized expert with in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product and competitive knowledge.
- Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities.
- Operates effectively in a matrix environment.
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities for the larger organization and anticipates and responds to changes or challenges.
- Viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers. Builds collaborative partnership with district colleagues and team, etc.
- Documented success in leadership and support roles of increased responsibility.
- Understands and leverages findings to develop/enhance sales strategies.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
Key in-Field Team Competencies:
- Ability to think strategically to support the development of a high-quality territory plan.
- Display sound business judgment (having an executive leadership mindset to assess local market and set direction). Ability to predict contingent outcomes from both a customer and competitive perspective.
- In-depth analytical skills, to enable appropriate and optimal understanding of data, to assess dedicated business outcomes in the decision-making process and achieve strategic goals.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with in-field team members, to develop and maximize the integrated account plan.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Covid vaccination new hires amendments:
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position, with possible accommodation for validated exemptions, within the limits of applicable legislation. AbbVie employees are also required to comply with any COVID-19 related external requirements, including any testing requirements, applicable to their work activities outside AbbVie premises (for example, travelling and visiting stakeholders and customers).
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced