Joining AbbVie means, you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients' lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 92% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team leads the different planning cycles in the company: Plan, Update, LBE and LRP.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for completing tasks related to compliance and planning. The compliance responsibilities include completion of month end accruals, review of actuals vs. budget, providing commentary on actuals. The planning function includes co-ordinating expenses, analyzing and explaining variances vs. previous cycles.
This role works very closely with the Commercial Shared Services, Operations, Regulatory and Medical groups.
The position reports to the FP&A Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of Plan, Update, LBE and LRP cycles: gather and review of expenses and headcount information from different departments to consolidate the P&L and Product P&Ls, upload information in the reporting system, refresh and complete different templates required for submission to Area.
- Responsible for completing the review and analysis of departmental expenses for the groups FP&A supports.
- Month-end activities: prepare journal entries template for accruals and reclasses, upload data from SAP to TM1, provide commentary actuals vs different benchmarks, refresh and consolidate month-end package for local review.
- Perform Ad Hoc financial analysis upon request
- Responsible for handling confidential information when preparing planning calendars and deliverables of financial reporting.
- Provide financial support to managers of different divisions.
- Ensure compliance in accordance with policies and procedures.
- System Maintenance (TM1).
- Prepare and develop Standard Costs.
Education and experience required:
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or similar.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, preferable in FP&A.
- Understanding of accounting/financial concepts: performance/exchange calculation, price/volume analysis, accruals, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in financial systems: Cognos TM1, SAP or other ERP (an asset)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- English and French, oral and written
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness with changing tasks, situations, responsibilities and people
- Builds and maintains good relationships with the team and other colleagues
- Takes actions to achieve goals (proactive/shows initiative)
- Constantly seeking out new ways to improve processes (innovative)
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines (well-organized)
- Capacity to work under pressure quickly and autonomously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a strong personal capacity for learning
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Covid vaccination new hires amendments:
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position, with possible accommodation for validated exemptions, within the limits of applicable legislation. AbbVie employees are also required to comply with any COVID-19 related external requirements, including any testing requirements, applicable to their work activities outside AbbVie premises (for example, travelling and visiting stakeholders and customers).
Job Type: Temporary Work