Joining AbbVie means, you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients' lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 92% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
We have a new opportunity for a Clinical Specialist for Spasticity and Movement disorders to join our team. In this exciting career opportunity, your primary role is to support healthcare professionals (HCP) with their health education to improve their knowledge and skills through the implementation and execution of training programs. You will drive multiple aspects of the environment, health, safety requirements and policies. You will also be responsible for the programs focused on product administration training for spasticity and movement disorders, best practices sharing and education on patients’ safety, through virtual learning programs, one-on-one simulation workshops, and exposure to subject matter experts. This role is a field-based position, from the province of Quebec or Ontario, and reports to the Manager, Clinical Specialist.
- Responsible for developing and executing training programs for healthcare professionals specialized in spasticity and movement disorders that are aligned with strategic imperatives.
- Perform baseline and ongoing assessments, identify training needs, and develop tailored training curriculum and plans to address the healthcare professional’s needs.
- Coach and support healthcare professionals through their learning journey and make mutually agreed decisions as to when they have met their learning objectives.
- Deliver follow-up training and/or coordination of additional support with clinical experts to address healthcare professional requests for additional clinical support and guidance.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional team members.
- Provide expertise on product, disease, and anatomy for current and future AbbVie products for the spasticity and movement disorders, neuroscience business unit.
- Offer unaccredited healthcare professionals learning programs focused on scientific and/or clinical issues for spasticity and movement disorders (i.e., product administration techniques, monitoring and management of patient treatment).
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with key experts, and act as the key point of contact for external stakeholders regarding clinical training requirements.
- Support the spasticity and movement disorders therapeutic areas, in alignment with Innovation Medicines Canada’s (IMC) guidelines and AbbVie’s compliance requirements.
Education / Experience required
- Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, or Physical Therapist with experience working in rehabilitation centres
- Foreign-trained Physiatrist, Rehabilitation Specialists and Neurologist may also be considered.
- Relevant spasticity and movement disorders disease expertise:
- Solid clinical, medical, and scientific knowledge of the therapeutic area. Strong knowledge of anatomy.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or medical devices industries, and training capabilities (minimum of five years) considered an asset.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and IMC guidelines considered a plus.
- Strong commitment to compliance, quality control, and integrity.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry and its evolving landscape, with an understanding of the Canadian regulatory environment is preferred.
Essential skills and abilities
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools and platforms are an asset.
- Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced French and English language proficiency (oral and written).
- Must be able to travel extensively and adhere to a rigorous schedule (up to 60% including weekends and evenings).
Key leadership competencies
- Proactive, creative, and genuinely passionate about education, with an ability to bring new and innovative approaches to the traditional model of training.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Solid business insights with a talent to connect training.
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Quick learner and ability to multitask effectively.
- Prioritize decisions and activities to ensure efficient use of resources and address critical issues impacting the business.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven organizational, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Established training capabilities, utilizing scientific evidence and best practices.
- Resourceful and innovative—must bring fresh insights to a dynamic business environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position, with possible accommodation for validated exemptions, within the limits of applicable legislation. AbbVie employees are also required to comply with any COVID-19 related external requirements, including any testing requirements, applicable to their work activities outside AbbVie premises (i.e., travelling and visiting stakeholders and customers).
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced