The Sr. Science and Technology (S&T) engineer is responsible for transferring new products into commercial manufacturing and designing and developing process for early-stage development (pilot) to scale production. In addition, provides technical support and training for plant manufacturing areas as well as trouble shoots and solves difficult engineering problems. Initiates and leads, designs, and executes programs to optimize processes, to meet plant efficiency programs, or to meet target yields, cost controls, product design changes, customer specifications, and legal regulations, and product quality attributes.
- Evaluates and integrates relevant engineering advances for improving or solving technical problems
- Understands the business implications of assigned products and processes and identifies engineering solutions compatible with business needs.
- Applies engineering knowledge to projects; determines priorities for experiments. Independently designs and executes experiments. Assures experimental quality through sound, independent, experimental design.
- Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents; writes independently and evaluates the writing of others.
- Leads multi-functional team to accomplish projects, and coordinates scale-up campaign or technical transfer activities with the applicable functional groups.
- Mentors less experienced engineers
- Presents results of projects both internally and externally. Presents complex technical data to large and diverse groups.
- Generates new product ideas consistent with division strategy. Prepare and aligns impact goals with department goals and with other departments.
- Develops, designs, implements improvements to electrical mechanical products and manufacturing systems.
- Reviews technical work to determine if desired results and objective have been achieved.
- Responsible for timely project completion. Designs experiments and documentation independently. Develops and maintains internal and external customer contacts as required to accomplish job objectives. May act as lead engineer, project leader, or project contributor. Provides technical direction and feedback to others.
- BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field with 5 - 8 years of experience preferred
- MS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field with 3 - 5 years of experience preferred
- PhD in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Candidates must be very familiar with electrical/mechanical products and the manufacturing environment and safety practices.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced