The Senior Cost Analyst is responsible for cost accounting, warranty accounting and reporting, FP&A activities, forecasting, budgeting, collection of data and preparation of reports that maintain AbbVie’s cost accounting systems for businesses supported. Other responsibilities may include: inventory analysis and reconciliation, reconciliation of intercompany balances, tax package preparation, in-transit accounting, DOH monitoring, planning activities and ad hoc financial analysis.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively, possess exceptional analytical skills, manage multiple and time sensitive deliverables across a highly matrixed organization, along with managing risks and opportunities. The individual will also possess strong business partnership skills and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate can pair a global mindset with locally relevant execution and be a problem solver and self-starter who can drive improvements within the operations and commercial teams. The successful candidate will display a balance of hard and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs.
- Support day-to-day business partnering and FP&A support activities for the Commercial & Operations org; business partner with stakeholders to accurately forecast key financial metrics such as Warranty, Extended Warranty & Repair Costs, Other Cost of sales, E&O, Inventory, Inbound & Outbound Freight and PPV
- Performs month-end processes for businesses supported. Includes but not limited to inventory reconciliation, warranty accounting and reporting, manufacturing variance analytics including purchase price variances from raw material purchases.
- Prepares and reviews monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for specified general ledger accounts including inventory, fixed assets and liability accounts.
- Maintain annual budget and long-range plan models; update/maintain as necessary to support ongoing forecast deliverables
- Analyze and monitor forecast inputs against targets; proactively identify both risks and opportunities
- Identify and implement solutions to optimize finance processes for speed, agility and insight
- Perform ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- Responds to requests for internal audit, external audit and intercompany billing for tax allocation purposes under guidance of a manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA/MBA desirable.
- Minimum 4+ year’s related accounting experience required with at least 1 year in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with standard cost variances analysis preferred.
- Experience in SAP and HFM preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced