Core Job Responsibilities:
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to ensure professional and credible relationships with thought leaders and external experts of strategic importance to Abbvie.
- Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence for Abbvie in key academic centers by facilitation of research and educational initiatives, while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on products or areas of therapeutic interest to Abbvie.
- Support internal teams such as sales and marketing and members of the Affiliate Brand Team to develop their scientific and technical expertise through the delivery of scientific update presentations. Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other in-field members while retaining functional independence.
- Serve as a point of contact within the Medical Affairs team for thought leaders and external experts within assigned therapeutic area in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in a therapeutic area and, when requested, relevant AbbVie medicines, to support their safe, effective and appropriate use.
- Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where requested, but with the focus on Tier 1 and 2 thought leaders.
- Participate in the selection process to identify appropriately qualified thought leaders the Company would wish to engage in collaborative efforts – such as potential research collaborations, or educational and advisory roles (Advisory Boards, Congresses, Symposia, etc.); while ensuring a high level of scientific or educational integrity in these collaborative efforts.
- Facilitate medical and scientific field intelligence – for example, competitor research and medical strategies, educational activities – and communicate, where appropriate, within the Company.
- Attend relevant scientific meetings and Conferences. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform Abbvie strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Provide key thought leaders / external experts and internal medical and clinical teams with scientific and technical support for publications of scientific or medical interest.
- Advanced degree (e.g. MD, PhD) in Immunology scientific discipline is preferred
- Experience in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for the assigned therapeutic area, and in medical research in general.
- Demonstrated expertise in the scientific methods applied to clinical research and current legislative/regulatory controls applicable to this research.
- Ability to comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with thought leaders, physicians and other healthcare decision makers.
- A good understanding of written and oral English is desirable.
- High customer orientation.
- Strong commitment to compliance with the relevant rules and procedures, and to scientific quality and integrity
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced