Joining AbbVie means, you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients' lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 92% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
AbbVie is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology, neuroscience, eye care, women’s health, in addition to products and services across Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
AbbVie Canada is looking to hire a Specialty Representative to join our Urology commercial sales team. This role will be based in Ottawa, Ontario and will cover Ottawa and the surrounding regions (ex. Brockville, Cornwall, Kingston, North Bay, Pembroke, Sault Ste Marie, Smiths Fall, Sudbury & Timmins). You will be calling on Urologists and Radiation Oncologists who treat Prostate Cancer as well as Urologists who treat overactive bladder and neurogenic detrusor overactivity associated with a neurological condition.
Our Specialty Representatives develop robust business/account plans to execute brand strategy and tactics in the field, deliver sales performance and effectively build strong customer relationships. They also support customer needs to maximize short- and long-term sales performance, while placing the patient at the center of any efforts and operating within AbbVie’s business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations. They work in a cross-functional matrix team, with members of the medical, market access and AbbVie Care teams.
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives in order to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Create pre-call plans and execute post-call evaluation in order to continuously improve sales performance. Effectively handle objections / concerns, with a logical and rational approach to close on every sales call either F2F or virtually.
- Proactively and continuously support key stakeholders' needs, expectations and challenges, in order to build trusted relationships on a continual basis.
- Execute a call plan that achieves set metrics and optimizes coverage of key customers, to maximize sales opportunities.
- Continuously build understanding of customer needs and expectations, territory landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, diseases, products and clinical expertise. Share this market intelligence information with district manager and respective team members, in order to achieve alignment, to anticipate environmental change and to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Differentiate AbbVie’s value proposition with healthcare providers and identify, develop and maintain disease state experts and speakers / advocates in order to maximize brand performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Commerce or equivalent.
- Minimum of three to five years in a Specialty Sales role within the pharmaceutical industry. Urology experience is an asset. Established relationships with existing HCP targets is an asset.
- Physician/account-based selling, CHE / OLA / training, managed health care or marketing experience are preferred.
- Proven track record in sales and solid presentation skills both F2F and virtually.
- Experience with various tools / systems to perform day-to-day tasks is an asset (iCertis, CTE/Concur, Veeva)
- Strong ability to proactively identify customer style / behavior and to quickly adapt all aspects of selling approach.
- Recognized expert with in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product and competitive knowledge.
- Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities.
- Operates effectively in a matrix environment.
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities for the larger organization and anticipates and responds to changes or challenges.
- Viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers. Builds collaborative partnership with district colleagues and team, etc.
- Documented success in leadership and support roles of increased responsibility.
- Understands and leverages findings to develop / enhance sales strategies.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Proficient with technology and interacting in virtual platforms (Zoom, Veeva Engage, Microsoft Teams)
- Position requires evening/ weekend work from time to time, including overnight travel.
- Expected travel within territory is 40%.
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
Key in-Field Team Competencies:
- Ability to think strategically to support the development of a high-quality territory plan.
- Display sound business judgment (having an executive leadership mindset to assess local market and set direction). Ability to predict contingent outcomes from both a customer and competitive perspective.
- In-depth analytical skills, to enable appropriate and optimal understanding of data, to assess dedicated business outcomes in the decision-making process and achieve strategic goals.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with in-field team members, to develop and maximize the integrated account plan.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Covid vaccination new hires amendments:
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position, with possible accommodation for validated exemptions, within the limits of applicable legislation. AbbVie employees are also required to comply with any COVID-19 related external requirements, including any testing requirements, applicable to their work activities outside AbbVie premises (for example, travelling and visiting stakeholders and customers).