Joining AbbVie means, you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients' lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 92% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
We have an opportunity for a Pipeline Medical Science Liaisons (MSL) to join our Medical Affairs team. In this exciting career opportunity, you will develop and nurture relationships, as well as advance our scientific credibility with established and emerging external experts (EEs) in the area of Oncology. This position is based in Ontario and will report to the Medical Advisor/Manager, Medical Science Liaison, Pipeline.
- Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence for AbbVie at investigational sites and at key scientific centres, by facilitating clinical research of phases 1 to 3 interventional trials with our medications, while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on products or areas of therapeutic interest to AbbVie.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with Site Management & Monitoring staff, and partner in the initiation and conduct of prioritized AbbVie-led clinical trials.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to ensure professional and trusted relationships with investigators.
- Act as the point of contact for investigator-initiated study (IIS) ideas with AbbVie pipeline assets.
- Deliver presentations on scientific matters in the disease area of responsibility, and on AbbVie’s pipeline to investigators in sponsored interventional research.
- Identify opportunities for R&D collaborations with key institutions and key opinion leaders, while liaising with the Search & Evaluation team and the Discovery or Clinical Development teams to engage in further assessment.
- Help with medical and scientific field intelligence – for example, maintain a list of investigators/potential investigators within a given TA, understand competitive research activities in active or planned study sites, generate insights from investigators on challenges and opportunities for AbbVie-sponsored clinical trials and communicate, where appropriate.
Education / Experience required:
- Doctorate or MD is preferred. Master of Science degree in a related discipline and demonstrated experience will also be considered.
- Relevant business experience with solid knowledge of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Previous experience as an MSL preferred.
- Relevant therapeutic area background is required.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role in the health care industry.
- Experience in the presentation and/or interpretation of scientific or clinical research publications.
- Experience in developing and maintaining expert knowledge of the assigned therapeutic area and in medical research in general.
- Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment to advance the medical and scientific objectives of AbbVie.
- Demonstrated expertise in the scientific methods applied to clinical research and current legislative/regulatory controls applicable to this research.
- Ability to comprehensively learn new subject areas and environments.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key opinion leaders, physicians, and other health care decision makers.
Essential skills and abilities:
- English language proficiency (oral and written).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be at ease with technology (the use of various tools/systems to perform day-to-day tasks and virtual interactions).
- Strong commitment to compliance to ensure scientific quality and integrity
- Travel required about 60% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Covid vaccination new hires amendments:
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position, with possible accommodation for validated exemptions, within the limits of applicable legislation. AbbVie employees are also required to comply with any COVID-19 related external requirements, including any testing requirements, applicable to their work activities outside AbbVie premises (for example, travelling and visiting stakeholders and customers).
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced