Joining AbbVie means, you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients' lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 92% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
We are presently recruiting for a full-time Manager, Market Access, based at the AbbVie Markham office, reporting to the Lead, Market Access & Health Economics and Outcomes Research (Psychiatry, Eye Care and Established Brands).
The successful candidate will lead the development and execution of market access strategies for our psychiatry products. They will lead the development of a comprehensive clinical submission, cost effectiveness data model and other payer related data/documentation to meet the customers’ needs for our new psychiatry asset. The successful candidate will be responsible for the access and pricing strategies for this asset.
The candidate will work collaboratively with the medical, commercial and pricing teams, to provide strategic counsel on pricing & reimbursement issues, and to drive reimbursement objectives. They will work collaboratively with the market access field team to ensure strategies proactively position the psychiatry portfolio positively with governments and work to align policies that prioritize vision in key provinces.
- In conjunction with Marketing and Medical, develop annual objectives that optimize the reimbursement of AbbVie products.
- Develop, recommend, and execute on Market Access strategies to achieve departmental goals with respect to public and private payers.
- Develop negotiation strategies; manage applicable Product Listing Agreements as needed.
- Lead the development of CADTH, INESSS, provincial and private payer submissions in pursuit of optimal formulary listings. Understand pharmacoeconomic and health outcome analysis to demonstrate the drug’s value proposition to relevant stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the field-based managers, develop government and other stakeholder advocacy strategies that build on the AbbVie reputation of providing effective solutions to payers and patients.
- Understand and interpret new provincial legislation and regulations that impact the pharmaceutical industry; communicate potential risks/opportunities and recommendations to the business.
- Build a high level of organization knowledge and proficiency in reimbursement issues.
- Work collaboratively with the global and regional access teams to co-create strategies and encourage sharing of best practices.
- Bachelor of Science degree, bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or Pharm. D. Graduate degree in pharmacoeconomics, epidemiology or drug development, an asset.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in pharmaceutical industry.
- The ideal candidate should have expertise in market access, pharmacoeconomic and outcomes research with pertinent experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including previous experience directly dealing with payers and health technology agencies.
- Strong commercial/ business background an asset.
- In-depth expertise of the formulary review process and submissions, with knowledge in Product Listing Agreements (PLAs)
- Manage multiple projects with cross-functional aspects to ensure departmental alignment
- Strategic thinking, analytical and data interpretation skills to support the development of compelling value propositions addressing public and private payer needs
- Understanding of budget impact analyses and basic economic modeling
- Strong clinical background for understanding clinical conditions, diseases and associated treatments
- Initiative and action-driven; translate market access & HEOR strategies into actionable and realistic plans to maximize reimbursement opportunities for AbbVie products in a timely manner
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills and team player; work with field-based Market Access & Government Affairs team to develop strategies and tools to fully leverage value stories with customers
- Strong communication effectiveness, medical writing (technical) skills and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize & project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and work well under stress (timelines)
- High quality standards & rigor; detail-oriented
- Understanding of public and private drug reimbursement landscape and health technology assessment process and submission requirements in Canada.
- Understanding of pharmacoeconomic principles / guidelines and methodological developments,
- Understanding of PMPRB and pharmaceutical pricing.
- If possible, previous experience dealing directly with payers.
Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Outlook.
Incumbent is also required to work with specific databases, such as Payer specific databases (e.g. PharmaStat, RxDynamics, etc.).
Availability to travel (approx. 10% of time) within Canada or internationally.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Covid vaccination new hires amendments:
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position, with possible accommodation for validated exemptions, within the limits of applicable legislation. AbbVie employees are also required to comply with any COVID-19 related external requirements, including any testing requirements, applicable to their work activities outside AbbVie premises (for example, travelling and visiting stakeholders and customers).