AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Technician, Engineering II
- Performs all types of mechanical maintenance work on a variety of equipment and systems including production and facility equipment.
- Work includes troubleshooting, ordering and installation of parts and material on various equipment.
- May specialize on maintenance and repair of escalators, overhead doors, dock levelers, etc., along with other equipment related to either production or facility operations.
- Does preventive maintenance work on all plant equipment including air handlers, utility distribution equipment located throughout the plant. Will perform predictive maintenance where applicable.
- Work may be on new equipment or rearrangement and/or retrofitting of existing equipment and accessories.
- Performs light machining work on machine lathes and milling machines, etc., to make basic shafts and cut keyways, etc.
- Reviews construction plans and drawings to determine the appropriateness of design and conformance to Abbvie Engineering Standards.
- The Sr. Mechanic will work as a multi-skill tradesperson, doing electrical, pipefitting, building maintenance and/or other work on special assignments as requested by management.
- Assists in ensuring that GxP and safe work policies and procedures are followed and maintained at all times in accordance with established company policies.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Possesses a minimum of 5+ years of increasing job knowledge and responsibility in field of mechanics. This experience must indicate proficiency in all aspects of mechanical construction and maintenance work including the demonstrated ability to work well with others in a commercial and/or industrial work environment.
- Will have advanced understanding of all aspects of physics and mechanical theory and application to mechanical systems in a commercial and/or industrial environment.
- Must be expert in the use of all mechanics hand tools and wrenches, measuring devices and power tools.
- Must be proficient in the operation of shop equipment to perform all aspects of installation and maintenance.
- Will be able to perform advanced troubleshooting and mechanical repairs, have ability to install mechanical equipment and accessories according to Abbvie Engineering Standards.
- On an independent basis, the individual must be able to evaluate the use of various resources and make knowledgeable decisions regarding safety, company standards and policies.
- Must know all CMMS functions that pertain to mechanical maintenance, PM and related activities.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation