AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Skinmedica is part of Allergan Aesthetics brands and the Canadian portfolio brands are part of ECM (External and Contract Manufacturing) organization. From a supply chain standpoint, they are unique and complex products, including various external and internal stages of production, as well as responsibilities to numerous suppliers. The nature of the products affords the Senior Financial Analyst both intimate ownership of the operations financial aspects of Skinmedica and Canada portfolio, as well as the opportunity to partner with a broad team of finance and operations colleagues throughout AbbVie.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for setting Skinmedica and Canada portfolio ECM (External Contract Manufacturing) standard costs, and forecasting and reporting on variances throughout the year. The Senior Financial Analyst also lends financial expertise with regard to inventory movements and controls, provides leadership in supporting the business via financial analyses, and serves as a key contact for the Commercial organization in ensuring financial compliance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Own ECM-related Standard Cost Setting for Skinmedica and Canada portfolio
- Forecast Throughput and P&L impacts for Plan, LBEs (Latest Best Estimates) and LRP, partnering with Supply Chain Planning, Brand, and business counterparts.
- Forecast Skinmedica and Canada portfolio Operations Financials to the Commercial Alliance team.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Lead monthly close process for Skinmedica and Canada portfolio, booking monthly and ad hoc journal entries to ensure GAAP compliance
- Present insightful P&L “Flash” commentary as well as balance-sheet commentary monthly
- Lead quarterly balance sheet deep-dives and highlight areas of risk
- Execute detailed inventory reconciliation monthly: work closely with external third-party manufacturers (TPMs), AbbVie plant personnel, and supply chain planning to understand variances and to resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are accounted for appropriately according to Skinmedica and Canada portfolio specific legal entity.
- Business Partnerships
- Partner with ECM and Brand team to influence and drive execution of strategic initiatives and projects.
- Partner closely with supply chain planning and materials management to manage consigned inventory and to resolve and drive resolution on any systems-related or otherwise reconciling items
- Partner with Skinmedica and Canada portfolio FSS (Finance Shared Services) on detailed accounting considerations and balance sheet investigations.
- Internal Controls & Compliance
- Ensure financial results are recorded in compliance with AbbVie financial policies (CFMs), Sarbanes Oxley and US GAAP
- Participate in Physical Inventory counts at all Skinmedica and Canada portfolio Third Party Manufacturers
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA/MBA desirable.
- Minimum 4-6 years of finance/accounting.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities. Highlights important issues quickly, while proactively seeking out and presenting potential solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge and proficiency in systems, particularly Excel and SAP.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and achieve required timelines.
- Familiarity with standard costing is preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Apprenticeship