AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
AbbVie is at the forefront of cancer research, discovering and developing the next generation of treatments to address unmet medical need for cancer patients. Our strong pipeline includes both small molecule and biologic therapeutic approaches with first in class agents that target multiple pathways central to the growth and survival of both solid and hematological malignancies.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Senior Scientist with a proven track record of research accomplishments to join our cutting-edge cancer research organization. The successful candidate will be part of a team dedicated to discovering and validating novel cancer targets and developing early- and late-stage discovery programs in the field of Immuno-Oncology.
- Independently conceive and execute rigorous scientific research for fast paced Immuno-Oncology research programs
- Make strong contributions to research team short- and long-term scientific strategies
- Leverage broad technical expertise in immunology and cancer-immune cell interactions to develop and implement innovative ex vivo and in vivo assays/analyses to proactively advance research programs
- Establish strong interactions with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams both within and outside AbbVie
- Train and direct colleagues in established techniques and in the development of novel methodologies
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and proficiency in troubleshooting experiments and performing data analysis
- Effectively communicate scientific results and reports to diverse audiences of stakeholders, at scientific conferences, and for peer-reviewed publications
- PhD in Cancer Research, Immunology or related field with 0-6+ years of post-graduate experience
- Demonstrated track record of scientific achievement (i.e., strong publication and/or patent record)
- Extensive laboratory research experience in Immunology/Oncology with a high degree of expertise in innate and/or adaptive immune cell biology and tumor/immune cell interactions
- Ability to develop novel assays and cellular models for the interrogation of Immuno-Oncology biology; proficiency in standard biochemical, cellular and molecular techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams is critical
- Experienced in training and mentoring junior scientists
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Enthusiasm and passion for conceiving and executing innovative scientific research
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Steps up and takes leadership to own toughest challenges
- Persistent and resilient when confronted with obstacles – finds the way.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures and manages innovation to reality
Position will be filled at level commensurate with extent of education, experience, and accomplishment
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.