AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Scientist I
Senior Scientist I: Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, and Bioanalysis - AbbVie Inc.
The Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics Department at AbbVie has an opening for a Senior Scientist I position in North Chicago, IL. The successful candidate will be responsible for independently researching and implementing LC-MS techniques to support small molecule bioanalysis, along with providing insight and support to custom DMPK based experiments.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Research and develop in-vitro/in-vivo and exploratory LC-MS assays for small molecule and biomarker analysis.
- Provide bioanalytical support for in-vitro/in-vivo DMPK studies to meet project timelines.
- Investigate, evaluate, and implement new analytical methodologies and technologies to meet challenging assay requirements while maintaining effective resource utilization.
- Identify and troubleshoot instrument and assay problems.
- Act as the project leader on multiple projects, interacting with collaborators and internal project teams to understand study impact, define project needs and priorities, and present study outcomes.
- Mentoring junior scientists.
- PhD (0+ years), M.S. (8+ years) or BS (10+ years) in analytical chemistry or related field with relevant academic or industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with one or more current LC-MS/MS platforms (e.g., Sciex triple quads, Waters triple quads, Agilent/Shimadzu HPLCs, Leap autosamplers, RapidFire, ADDA) and software (e.g., Discovery Quant, Analyst, Electronic Laboratory Notebooks); familiarity with automated sample preparation platforms.
- Knowledge of in-vitro ADME science/assays with an understanding of both experimental design and analytical practices will be a plus.
- Working experience in regulated bioanalysis and/or CRO/University Core facility settings will be a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and an ability to interact with interdisciplinary project teams.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to quickly adapt to different projects.
- Maintain creative and flexible thinking, willing to challenge the status quo, develop and adopt relevant emerging technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Key Leadership Competencies
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly when indicated.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experiments to drive the science in the field of interest.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation