AbbVie is at the forefront of cancer research, discovering and developing the next generation of treatments to address unmet medical need for cancer patients. Our strong pipeline includes both small molecule and biologic therapeutic approaches with first in class agents that target multiple pathways central to the growth and survival of both solid and hematological malignancies.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Senior Scientist with a proven track record of research accomplishments to join our cutting-edge cancer research organization. The successful candidate will be part of a team dedicated to discovering and validating novel cancer targets and developing early- and late-stage discovery programs in the field of Immuno-Oncology.
- Independently conceive and execute scientific research of Immuno-Oncology programs
- Make strong contributions to research team short- and long-term scientific strategies, including incorporation of emerging clinical trends
- Develop novel in vitro, in vivo, and ex vivo analyses of immune and tumor cell populations and their interactions
- Effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams within and outside AbbVie to proactively solve problems and advance research programs
- Train and direct colleagues in established techniques and the development of novel methodologies
- Highly skilled at communicating scientific results and strategies for internal reports, external presentations and peer-reviewed publications
Job level will be commensurate with education and experience.
- PhD in Cancer Research, Immunology or related field with 0-6+ years of post-graduate experience
- Demonstrated track record of scientific achievement (i.e., strong publication and/or patent record)
- Extensive laboratory research experience in Immunology/Oncology with a high degree of expertise in innate and adaptive immune cell biology and tumor/immune cell interactions
- Ability to develop novel assays and cellular models for the interrogation of Immuno-Oncology biology; proficiency in standard biochemical, cellular and molecular techniques
- Experienced in training and mentoring junior scientists
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to collaborate across internal and external teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Enthusiasm and passion for conceiving and executing innovative scientific research
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Steps up and takes leadership to own toughest challenges
- Persistent and resilient when confronted with obstacles – finds the way.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures and manages innovation to reality
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced