AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Project Engineer, Manufacturing
The primary scope of this position is to act as Senior Project Engineer, working with little or no supervision, to apply project management knowledge, engineering knowledge, and ingenuity to complete medium sized projects in a commercial API manufacturing plant from concept thru project closure within or across disciplines.
- Independently plans and conducts small- to medium-size assigned projects involving new/ modifications to existing process equipment, utilities, or facilities. Coordinates and monitors activities/projects. Reviews plans and monitors status of project implementation; makes judgments regarding quality of implementation; employs contingency plans to recover from schedule slippage and financial overruns when appropriate.
- Manages multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines. Responsible for achieving the project's financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Estimates and coordinates resources as needed (materials, budget, time, and people) to accomplish assigned individual tasks. Anticipates future directions. Benchmarks internally and externally. Recognizes changes in the environment and present resources as indicators of future problems and opportunities; prepares for such eventualities.
- Independently executes the design of equipment/systems/facilities by applying standard engineering theories, concepts, and techniques within the discipline. Independently investigates, conducts tests or experiments.
- Directs the efforts of others such as technicians, outside contracted resources, or junior engineers. Performs tasks such as writing Requests for Capital Expenditures (RCEs), safety/quality checklists, scope documents, etc. Develops and executes validation protocols.
- Investigates, develops, and recommends alternatives for design, procurement and installation of new equipment or modification of existing equipment to optimize plant utilization. Applies new or existing technologies in innovative ways to address process development needs.
- Assesses performance of process equipment and control systems and recommends and/or designs performance improvements to positively impact cycle time, product yield, or quality.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems, performs root cause analysis, and identifies corrective actions. Recommends and sets up spare parts and maintenance schedules.
- Experience in PFD/P&ID creation and development, process engineering design and development, equipment specification and procurement, shop drawing review and construction package preparation.
- Experience in cost estimation, schedule generation and tracking, and overall project lifecycle management.
- Plant/manufacturing engineering experience a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 5+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. A post-graduate education/degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Has demonstrated competency within a discipline.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Demonstrates judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred).
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation