- Serves as a lead process engineer for new oral dosage product transfer from R&D to global manufacturing plants/TPMs as well as marketed products. Responsible for oral dosage product and process development, improvement, and optimization.
- Provides technical expertise to marketed products and processes. Responsible for the implementation of technical projects and providing direction for the technical team.
- Applies engineering fundamentals such as chemistry, transport phenomena, thermodynamics, reactions, unit operations, dynamics, material science and process control when solving problems; Designs and executes lab and commercial scale (scale-up and scale-down) experiments for oral drug product and manufacturing processes
- Formulates technically sound conclusions and/or design follow-on experiments based on multidisciplinary data. Presents scientific concepts and results to cross functional stakeholders
- Understands the business implications of assigned products and processes and identifies engineering solutions compatible with business needs.
- Demonstrates scientific initiative and creativity in research or development activities. Adapt and integrate newer approaches and technologies that are scientifically meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a research or development program.
- Author//co-authors/reviews internal reports, regulatory submissions, external publications, and presentations. Develops productive collaborations and communication with other groups, across scientific disciplines, and with scientists outside of AbbVie.
- Understands and adheres to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in an engineering or related field and typically 10 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 8 years of experience, PhD and no experience necessary.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong background in solid oral dosage form manufacturing and its related unit operations as well as technology transfer and scaling.
- Strong engineering background and communication (written and verbal) skills. Highly motivated.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced