AbbVie Information Research is seeking a Senior Manager, Data Engineering & Architecture who would be accountable for architecture, design, and development of data and technology solutions supporting Clinical Development, Regulatory & Quality Business Platforms at AbbVie. As a Senior Manager, you will be a core member of a high-performance team of data engineers and architects focusing on driving technology innovation and continuous improvement. This role collaborates with senior leadership, business relationship managers, product owners, program managers, enterprise architects, business analysts, infrastructure team, and service providers to deliver the solutions.
- Deliver on independent responsibility for data & technology solutions within his/her area of expertise.
- Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data and software engineering activities, including data warehousing, data integration, data streaming, digital devices, data visualization and analysis, and application development.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical R&D business and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Establish and maintain the team's methodology to conform and curate data, benchmarking against industry standards. Ensure that data are optimally standardized and analysis ready.
- Architect, design, develop, and maintain scalable data platforms, system integrations, data pipelines, data models & API integrations to support evolving business strategy.
- Provide guidance and assistance to development teams regarding cost, technologies, application architecture, and integration patterns.
- Prototype emerging business use cases to validate technology platforms and proposed solutions.
- Research and recommend opportunities to adopt new technologies for continuous improvement.
- Align with enterprise architecture and other functional groups on relevant technologies, frameworks, and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with applicable AbbVie software development lifecycle policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years experience. Preferably in electrical engineering, software engineering, business, information systems, or a discipline closely related to the client area served.
- Must have experience with architecture, design, and implementation of data platforms.
- Must have experience with database & system integration technologies (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL, Hive, HBase, Informatica, Apache Nifi, Apache Kafka, and Apache Spark, etc.).
- Must be familiar with data analysis programming languages (e.g., SQL and Python)
- Experience with AWS is preferred
- Experience working with clinical trial, Regulatory submission and healthcare or research data in an R&D environment is preferred
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced