AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We are currently sourcing a Senior Engineer to be part of our Global team performing front end planning (FEP) for Internal Manufacturing & Engineering. As a Front-End Planning Engineer, you will be an established engineering professional who is a self-starter, capable of applying advanced scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, and creativity to complete complex assignments related to one or more technical fields or disciplines around the world. You are someone who contributes to the development of new principles and concepts and who wants to be challenged and lead change from an engineering perspective.
Does this sound like a challenging, rewarding opportunity for you? Then, read on!
In this role you will,
- Develop feasibility and conceptual designs for a broad range of projects spanning the entire AbbVie internal manufacturing network of operations.
- Assist developing strategic plans and scenario evaluation of projects in various fields: biologic drug substance, drug product, combinational devices; small molecule drug substance and drug product; gene and cell therapy; and devices; as well as the necessary infrastructure that is required to support them.
- Support long range planning and annual capital plan development.
- Review site project proposals and conduct reviews to ensure appropriate deliverables are complete and sufficient.
- Contribute to further standardization of the capital project lifecycle process within AbbVie.
- Benchmark external project costs and trends to ensure project cost factors are up to date and relevant.
- Interacts with both senior management and external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Acts as a trusted advisor. Balances bottom line objectives of a project with long-term interest of the customer.
- Responsibilities of this engineering grade level inherently include and expand upon the responsibilities established for lower engineering grade levels.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Identifies full range of customer/client needs and proposes solutions to address them; makes alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need. Produces unique and cost-effective results. Establishes alternate use possibilities and incorporates flexibility; balances system costs with benefits provided; oversees design work of internal and external consultants; creates/modified design for intermediate problems. Integrates financial with technical data. Analyzes complex interdisciplinary problems and identifies their impact; establishes probabilities; draws conclusions reflecting broad business needs.
- Monitors the improvement of other engineers and may participate in the evaluation of assigned staff/project team members, and in the identification of development needs. May supervise other engineers or technicians.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 5+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. A post-graduate education/degree is desired and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Has demonstrated competency within a discipline.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Demonstrates judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred).
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Apprenticeship