AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Operations is seeking a motivated self-starter to join the North Chicago Business Technology Solutions/Information Technology Team. This team is a dynamic group of IT and Business specialists who work together to deliver manufacturing software solutions to NC, drive standardization, innovation, optimization, identify requirements for future enhancements and many other. The team is looking to add knowledgeable site IT/Business subject matter experts (SME) to support the NC manufacturing and packaging operations, within an exciting time of multiple new product introductions and deployments, work directly with the NC business functions for optimization opportunities and represent these functions LRP and system enhancement planning.
NC Business Systems Analyst serves as liaison between business and IT and focuses on NC business priorities/ processes/ innovations as well as related analytics.
- Provides direct support for NC MES Systems.
- Provides support for other areas as needed, such as Infrastructure.
- Leads and drives IT projects and initiatives and provides some project management and oversight.
- Resolving technical issues and coordinating with appropriate groups within (i.e.: NC business users) and outside of the company (i.e.: consultants, software vendors, etc.). Escalating issues as appropriate.
- Leading effort to translate business requirements into business process, technical requirements and design specifications using industry standard tools and methodologies.
- Understanding and promoting data governance, data reuse and good data management practices.
- Evaluating, defining, and recommending solution alternatives to meet the business needs and maximize reuse.
- Helping the NC business make business savvy decisions regarding risks, costs, measures of success, and financial justification, Return on Investment (ROI) by making informed tradeoffs during the solution definition process.
- Providing input into business capability roadmap through partnership with business groups and maintaining technology roadmaps through partnership with solution and technology vendors.
- Coordinating and facilitating testing and end-user training.
- Developing findings for management review.
- Using data analysis tools (i.e., Excel, Cognos, SQL, or other application analytic packages) to support reporting needs and resolve data issues.
- Coordinating and facilitating project implementation and stabilization phases.
- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas, keeping abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Understand internal and external business dynamics, business process complexity and business implications on proposed solutions.
- Ability to perform solution alternative analysis, vendor evaluation and articulate risks and financial benefit.
- Ability to understand technology trends and utilization of new or existing technology.
- Have technical awareness to analyze trends and outputs (i.e., defects and enhancements).
- Ability to evaluate all aspects of impact – business process, data analysis, reporting and analytics.
- Use of vendor or industry sources to identify opportunities or problems. Produce data-driven impact analysis and incorporate into technology plans.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills.
- Proficient in setting and managing customer expectation.
- Can explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability. Develops solutions to problems where casual relationships can be identified, and precedents exist.
- Conducts training.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions.
- Analyzes departmental processes and needs and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent plus 6 or more years technical experience, or master’s degree plus 5 or more years’ experience or sufficient experience to demonstrate technical equivalency.
- Experience in a Systems Analyst role
- Systems Development, Testing, and IT Implementation experience.
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Engineering experience preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced