Purpose Statement (2-3 Sentences):
Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position:
The Reliability Engineer (RE) is responsible for driving continuous equipment reliability improvements by providing and coordinating technical support, and by managing the reliability improvement processes for the site, with the aim of reducing the risk levels to the business.
Within the role, the RE will direct and provide leadership for key equipment assets that will ensure asset reliability is maintained at the highest levels, and will drive for reliability of work processes, procedures and operating practices.
The RE will define, design, develop, and monitor the site’s critical asset register to provide standardized processes and procedures for the proper operation and care of key production, utility and supporting assets.
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
- Support the site’s Maintenance Excellence Program (MEP) by targeting critical equipment assets for optimization and continuous improvement activities. Train employees on reliability processes, train supervision on the impact that the operators and technicians can have on reliability.
- Guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety systems.
- Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures, and apply knowledge in methods and processes to prevent, or reduce the likelihood or frequency of failures in site systems.
- Analyze failure history to determine the reliability characteristics of key systems, and from this analysis, develop long-term solutions to recurring issues.
- Develop and enforce an Asset Operations Plan that will ensure optimum utilization and operating efficiency of facility’s assets, and development of an Asset Maintenance Plan to ensure adequate levels of sustaining effective maintenance for each plant asset on the asset register.
- Responsible for adherence to Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis (RCFA) by understanding and applying failure data analysis techniques, perform analyses of asset and production equipment performance to include asset utilization, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), Mean Time between Failure (MTBF) and remaining useful life as guiding parameters.
- Generate asset management plan that includes creation of value-added preventative maintenance tasks, and determine the most effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methods to identify inherent reliability problems.
- Work with Project Engineering to review maintenance and installation plans for new equipment, and provide reliability and maintainability specifications for changes, to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. Participate in design and installation specifications, factory and site acceptance testing, and commissioning plans to assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Define an approach to risk management that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks, that could have adverse operational impact.
List required and preferred qualifications (up to 10). Include education, skills and experience.
- A Bachelors qualification in Engineering or a relevant discipline, or Trade qualification plus 4-6 years engineering experience
- 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Strong IT Skills, and proficient in the use of computer-based Maintenance Management system
- Previous demonstrated experience of six sigma methodology would be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are required for the execution of this role, and strong interpersonalskills.
- Detailed evaluation of a number of viable solutions to each problem at a time, requires proven problem solving skills under pressure.
- Requires innovative thinking, where new and untested solutions are proposed, demonstrated and implemented on a regular basis.
- Requires a very high level of attention to detail and mental concentration, to ensure accuracy and total compliance withprocedures at all times.
- Must be results driven striving to meet all targets and metric standards as set by site/department and division leaders
- Requires total commitment to quality and maintaining a high standard of work at all times, and demonstrates the highest levels of integrity and a strong work ethic.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced