- Adhere to Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and guidelines, and facilitate a proactive safety culture. Use Abbvie approved tools for the job to minimize the introduction of extraneous matter into the packaging process.
- Perform all housekeeping cleans on the finishing lines. Able to complete line clearances for lot and list changes and perform blowing of the finishing line/equipment on 1-2 value stream(s).
- Setup and troubleshoot automated equipment in primary and secondary packaging area within 2 value streams. Performs vision system tasks at the mechanic level in 2 value streams. Responsible for proper handling and disposition of commodities used during setup and troubleshooting to minimize MUV.
- Servicing and operating automated and semi-automated manufacturing equipment to produce finished product on 1-2 value stream with the ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Perform and document Quality impactful tasks throughout the production run, including but not limited to challenges, parameters, pulling samples, in-process checks and bulk/commodity accountability.
- Identify and assist in implementation of continuous 6S of parts and tooling across the production floor.
- Escalate safety, quality, technical and operating concerns and ideas in a timely manner to the appropriate groups.
- Communicate and drive improvement opportunities through cross functional teams. Works closely with the production schedule and understands line priorities while working with minimal/limited supervision. Communicates issues and shares learning experiences through maintenance communications.
- Initiates work orders in the CMMS (Maximo) for repairs/improvements to be planned and scheduled.
- Fully capable in troubleshooting and resolving equipment related setup and runtime issues. Ability to escalate and communicate to Engineering & Maintenance appropriately if further troubleshooting and repairs are required.
- High school diploma with equivalent experience. Technical certificate or degree preferred. Technical experience and troubleshooting aptitude preferred. Proficient at Production Technician I or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to communicate issues to appropriate operations, engineering and mechanical team required.
- A demonstrated focus and understanding of the importance of maintaining the highest level of quality and ensuring compliance to site level policies and procedures.
- Understanding of HMI controls, vision inspection systems, and product serialization systems in order to troubleshoot and resolve inefficiencies in a timely manner.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new programs and applications required.
- Understanding and experience with systems such as POMs, SAP, and MAXIMO preferred.
- 3-4 years of knowledge of related cGMP requirements and procedures is preferred.
- Requires standing up to 8-12hs per day and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Work 40 to 48 hours per week and may work as many as 60 hours depending on manufacturing demands.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced