- Responsible for compliance with applicable Policies and procedures.
- Operates, observes and assists in the control and operation of the utilities / WTP plant. This includes starting, stopping equipment, adding treatment chemicals as instructed by others in order to maintain / optimize systems and plant performance. Monitors the plant's operational status and available equipment conditions.
- Monitors operations, recording all appropriate data accurately. Completes assigned tasks such as lab testing, sampling, field testing, and other tasks necessary to ensure efficient systems and plant operation. Monitors equipment operation and reports problems.
- Participates in the troubleshooting and response to situations and acts as directed regarding equipment or systems to ensure safe and reliable operation. Reports alarms and problems, and takes actions as directed to resolve issues.
- Effectively communicates operating status to other shifts and management as needed to maintain efficient operation. Accurately enters shift information into shift log books and required log sheets. Records information effectively to ensure clear exchange of plant operating conditions.
- Communicates quickly and effectively on issues with systems and equipment to maintenance or manager. Communicates effectively with other in-plant groups such as maintenance, production, project and contractor personnel; and regulatory support personnel when necessary.
- Performs routine rounds of the plant, inspecting operations, collecting samples, noting observations that serve as a basis for operation.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years previous work experience in related industrial, military service or water treatment plants with boilers, chillers, compressors, deionizers, and other utilities and water treatment systems, including a minimum of one year experience as a trainee in performing patrol and control operator duties, is preferred.
- Must demonstrate a broad understanding of utilities / WTP equipment/systems specific to work site. Must show maturity in responding to emergency situations.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced