The Marketing Manager – Oncology Marketing will help design, develop, and implement commercial plans and programs needed to support the launch of a new indication. The Marketing Manager - Oncology Marketing will lead multiple cross-functional teams to ensure brand success in strategic development and go to market execution. Internally, the Marketing Manager will foster positive working relationships with the sales force, medical affairs, market research, sales training, regulatory, and other franchise marketing teams. Externally, they will work with various agencies, consultants, physicians, and other marketing partners to successfully drive the business. The Marketing Manager - Oncology will have to demonstrate the ability to lead without authority and work collaboratively with the integrated commercial team and cross-functional brand teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support Development of Launch-Readiness Strategy
- Build go-to-market tactical plan and develop tactics that align to the strategic brand plan for personal and non-personal HCP/APP promotions
- Lead competitive assessment, scenario-planning, and product differentiation workshops
- Own claims development/evolution, and strategic input into labeling
- Develop key business questions and objections for market research to generate insights to inform brand strategy, messaging, and promotional material development
- Develop external expert engagement strategy and plan
- Establish and maintain relationships with external experts where appropriate
- Lead congress planning cross-functionally
- Develop advisory board strategy and to garner brand insights
- Own strategy and implementation of sponsorships
- Own budget tracking and milestone management
- Participate in local market and patient immersions to better understand local market drivers and dynamics to see, live, and feel our patients journey.
- Manage internal/external networks, consultants, and agency partners
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of marketing plans and recommend changes in strategy or tactics as appropriate
- Lead and participate in multiple cross-functional teams
- Work in a collaborative environment with an external marketing partner
- Be effective in a fast-paced launch environment in a new, and rapidly growing, franchise
- Communicate up, down, and laterally in an effective manner
*Level of the role will be determined based on candidate experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotechnology or healthcare marketing experience
- On-market executional experience (navigating through medical/legal/regulatory reviews, VEEVA processes, etc)
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital, external and internal partners.
- Efficient project management and communication capabilities along with strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong presentation experience and proficient PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to operate quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, matrixed, and demanding environment.
- Oncology/hematology experience
- Launch experience in pharmaceutical marketing or sales
- Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process.
- Strong collaboration and team orientation, with experience accomplishing results through others and influencing others.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of market research to draw valid conclusions.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced