- Manage day-to-day operations to deliver superior customer service and improved access to medication for commercial and uninsured patients.
- Monitor similar industry programs and regulatory guidance to ensure program relevance and compliance.
- Lead and mentor direct reports responsible for reimbursement operations for designated AbbVie products.
- Provide recommendations regarding appropriate promotional and business practices based on reimbursement capabilities.
- Develop and manage relationships with payors, providers, independent co-pay foundations, alternative funding outlets, etc. to increase the probability of prescription access and fulfillment.
- Partner with commercial teams within established guidelines and working relationships to ensure reimbursement center operations are aligned with consumer and professional marketing initiatives to create customer-focused operational efficiencies that maximize patient acquisition and retention.
- Understand and adhere to the Code of Business Conduct, Operating Guidelines as well as appropriate IRS, CMS, HIPAA, and OIG guidelines.
- Monitor productivity levels, identifying opportunities to optimize operational efficiencies and cost controls, develop and implement changes that will improve those efficiencies and the department’s performance.
- Bachelor's Degree. Comparable or relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 1-3 years in people management required.
- 2-4 years experience managing a reimbursement or call center is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of application regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products specifically knowledge of HIPAA guidelines and appropriate federal, state, and local regulations applicable to reimbursement and call center operations.
- Experience working in retail/mail order/specialty pharmacy or related experience involved in the distribution, dispensing, and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals is preferred.
- Should possess a clear understanding of the pharmaceutical or healthcare business. Knowledge of federal healthcare programs, commercial payors/providers, managed care organizations and healthcare reimbursement is a plus.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced