Manager, QA Project Management, IT Systems, and Operational Excellence
Purpose: Manager, QA Project Management, IT Systems, and Operational Excellence will be accountable for the successful delivery of assigned process programs and projects, building the strategy and plan related to IT systems for the organization, along with identifying and implementing operational excellence improvement projects/programs. The role will serve as a key contributor in end-to-end project/program objectives and outcomes, especially driving efficiency and agility, and delivering new systems or system improvements to increase the success of the operations. This role will drive projects across the various GxPs and will provide various opportunities to communicate recommendations to senior-levels.
- Develop and manage as assigned key project artifacts such as project charters, status reports, work plans, stakeholder engagement plans and decision-making model
- Develop project deliverables such as process flow maps, business tools and research analysis
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Quality policies and procedures.
- Provide process knowledge expertise in project decision making and creation of deliverables
- Build and maintain collaborative and trusted relationships at all levels within the organization by understanding business needs and providing exceptional project management leadership to advance strategic priorities
- Provide project management consultation support as requested by functions within department
- Recommend improvement opportunities and implement departmental initiatives to increase effectiveness utilizing improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.
- Strategize with and advise project sponsor/business lead regarding project direction and decisions. Provide strategic project advisory to enable successful outcomes leading to agility and efficiency.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of projects including driving team accountabilities, addressing project issues/risks, driving effective decision making and delivering status updates/recommendations to function head or senior management.
- Work with functional leaders to propose new projects to continue to enhance productivity, compliance and efficiencies within their functions. Proactively identify and implement opportunities to optimize project team effectiveness and outcomes
- Lead a team of project managers and system owner(s).
- Responsible at the program level to ensure key projects are delivered effectively (meeting the business needs) and on time.
- Partner with business leaders to develop the overall system strategy for IT systems/tools.
- Lead the implementation of IT systems/tools including project management and change management.
- Responsible for the budgetary oversight and projects and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum, advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 6+ years project management experience and/or business excellence methodologies within global companies, working on large cross-functional strategic and operations initiatives.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. Lean Six Sigma certification(s) preferred
- Proven Success in a leadership role with strong leadership/management skills. Strong communication skills, both orally and written
- Experience working a global, complex and matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead/influence global multi-functional teams
- Extensive project planning and management experience including successful implementation of business and technology initiatives
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced