The Operational Excellence (OpEx) Manager is a key leader responsible for ensuring the execution of strategic initiatives and capability building as part of the Operational Excellence program for the North Chicago Manufacturing Plant. The OpEx manager is part of the Senior Management team and works collaboratively with the various teams to implement operational improvements that focus on improving quality, productivity, labor, and cost saving efficiencies. This role will serve as a change agent for developing and encouraging a culture that is driven by safety, discipline, transparency, and accountability.
- Lead and execute complex process improvement projects to drive improvements in cost, quality, service and safety
- Work directly with site leadership to develop multi-year plans and partner with them to track progress.
- Lead the strategy development for the site and manage the implementation program of the strategic initiatives
- Lead workshops and projects across the site to engage the employees at all levels
- Lead and execute major process improvement and cost savings projects, to deliver financial results within specified time frames.
- Provide training in the use of CI tools
•BS in Engineering or Science (required)
•Training in Lean and Six Sigma improvement methodologies (required)
•5 years experience in biopharmaceutical production or related areas (required) and 8+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience (preferred)
•Strong computer skills (required)
Proven track record of successful implementation of large and small-scale improvement programs
Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints.
High level of preparedness to analyze, discuss and support analysis with management.
Ability to influence with indirect or no authority
Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced