The primary goal of the Global Sales and Cost Reporting Manager is to ensure that all international and domestic product sales, cost and unit data sets are reported in accordance with policy and provided accurately to all of the AbbVie systems and organizations that require the data for financial reporting, forecasting and analysis. Also responsible for the Consolidated Sales and Margin (CSM) system and the related master data from both a system and data perspective.
The position has routine contact with all Affiliate/Financial Shared Service support staff to resolve reporting and system issues and with other AbbVie organizations regarding data integrity and process coordination.
Work with large amounts of data to prepare trend and variance reports designed to identify sales performance issues and currency exchange impacts.
Assist the entire margin group to integrate the Allergan margin accounting functions within the accounting COE. Review the detail of the master-data setup, planning and reporting process of the Allergan migrated entities per transition calendar.
Support cross-functional continuous improvement initiatives. Coordinate with multiple organizations including Commercial, R&D, Corporate FP&A, Operations, Consolidations and Tax.
Complete the preparation of the monthly product sale section of Sr. Management Reporting Package (MRP), reporting Plan/LBEs and Actual results
- Monthly Sales Reporting
- Supervise the monthly collection, consolidation and reconciliation of international and domestic transactional product sales, cost, and unit data from SAP
- Provide reports and analysis on the submitted data, including intercompany margin earned/transferred for the financial consolidation
- Provide data feeds to Operations Supply Chain and Commercial systems and process/data support as needed
- Review and approval manual adjustments needed to correct reporting errors
- Support affiliates/users on system issues related to CSM
- Train users on new CSM system/processes
- Provide guidance to internal and external auditors as subject matter expert on business process and controls related to sales reporting
- Maintain Master data for CSM, including master data and business rules for CSM transactional data. Coordinate with SAP Master Data Team for changes needed from SAP for current transactional data and future year plans
- Maintain Geographic hierarchies and Product hierarchies for all organizations for Plan and Actual reporting. Monitor proposed changes and recommend alternatives to hierarchy structures
- Maintain and execute an effective system of financial reporting and disclosure controls of AbbVie’s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Systems development and maintenance
- Direct all system changes, updates, and enhancements for CSM
- Review and approve all user test plan and outcomes
- Provide ongoing support and administration of data and system
- Coordinate with down-stream system owners on any change needed in either CSM or master data to ensure all data and user needs are being addressed
- Staff Development - Responsible for delegating to and coaching staff to ensure an optimal level of support for the businesses supported. Current staff includes two direct reports and a contractor.
Accountability / Scope:
The information collected and distributed from CSM provides the detail framework of the AbbVie sale reporting. The information provides the basis by which product profitability is measured. Inaccuracy in this data has the potential to result in incorrect decisions related to product sales. This role has a wide scope of authority relating to decisions made which impact the systems and data for which this position is responsible. The Manager works in conjunction with his/her manager to review decisions and potential impact the business.
- Bachelors Degree required: Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Total Combined Years: 8+ years of experience including leading cross functional teams, complex data analyses, independent problem solving and experience with SAP
Experience in the following:
- SAP experience recommended
- Cost Accounting experience in manufacturing recommended
- Experience in Supply Chain Finance Operations preferred
- Consolidation and Reporting
- Process or Data Management
- Excellent analytical, communication, quantitative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to see a big picture and understand how the processes fit together
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced