Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position.
The Manager, Finance oversees the financial Actual reporting and LBE processes for the Global Commercial Finance HQ. This position is responsible to ensure high-quality, timely and accurate submissions in line with AbbVie Corporate FP&A requirements. Additionally, the Manager, Finance is responsible for variance analysis, commentary review and providing relevant decision-making support to senior management.
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
•Oversee/manage all aspects of monthly Actual Reporting and LBEs as required, including P&L.
•Provides guidance to geographical Areas and works closely with them to understand business dynamics.
•Provides relevant variance analysis for each Actual and LBE cycle and develops meaningful management reporting schedules and ensures accuracy and predictability of results and key metrics.
•Supports key projects and initiatives (e.g. planning system standardization, management reporting and optimization) and drives process improvements. Supports ad hoc analysis as required.
• Continuously seeks for reporting improvements by leveraging on latest available software
•Develop and manage staff to ensure production of high quality and timely work product.
List required and preferred qualifications (up to 10). Include education, skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or MBA a plus
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive and related experience
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving experience
- Self-starter with ability to operate independently, drive process, identify and implement process improvements, establish and adjust priorities to achieve objectives and operate with speed and agility
- Strong communication skills (Verbal and written), with all levels of management and including the ability to listen well and to influence others that do not report directly
- Proficient Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP BPC, Power BI, TM1 is a plus
- Previous supervisory experience desired
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced