- Develop and maintain EHS Global standards, policies, systems and programs applicable to area of responsibility
- Provide EHS leadership and direction for management, professional, technical and support staff in area of responsibility
- Ensure systems are in place to enable area of responsibility to operate in legal and ethical compliance with regard to EHS issues.
- Provide business perspective, strategic and tactical direction to develop and implement EHS initiatives for the EHS Long range plan
- Authority to represent AbbVie externally on matters related to EHS with external regulatory agencies and non-government organizations
- Maintain a broad understanding of local, regional and global EHS regulations and practices for area of responsibility
- Maintain and update IT reporting databases and generate monthly and quarterly EHS performance reports to area management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 5 – 12 years of EHS related experience or Master’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 5 – 10 years of EHS related experience. EHS related experience in manufacturing/ R&D environments are required. EHS or Engineering professional certification is preferred, but not required.
- Working experience in implementing EHS regulations, conducting incident investigations, interacting with regulatory agencies and external organizations and managing cross functional teams
- Development of practical, applicable standards and/or policies that meet business objectives. Technical expertise in the EHS functions as well as technical writing and business communications.
- Ability to actively listen, build and maintain effective working relationships with internal/ external colleagues and stakeholders, and resolve conflict
- Ability to successfully manage project and programs.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced